InnoHosting - Initial Impressions

Hello,

I've recently switched over to InnoHosting.com from ResellerZoom and would like to share with you my initial experience with them.

I came to know about them through WHT. I contacted their representative here IH-Rameen.

I sent him all the Pre-Sales questions/queries I had in mind and believe me they were a lot . However, Rameen answered all those queries in decent time even though it was a weekend.

There were a few emails back and forth and finally I decided on signing up with them.

Signup
    The signup process was pretty straight forward however, I got stuck up at the MaxMind Auto Call Verification. I never received a call from them. I waited for sometime and then called their toll free no. and tried to speak to the Billing Dept. but, unfortunately it was closed (I guess I had called after business hours). So I put in a ticket.

I received a response on this within 20 mins from Chris and I proceeded in completing the signup process.

One thing I didn't like about this process is that you cannot select your WHM username beforehand. It is automatically generated using your primary domain with them.

However, a ticket with support rectified that later on.

Account Setup
    My Account was setup within an hours time (45 mins to be exact). I can say that it was pretty quick.

Migrations
    I can say that the migration was pretty quick compared to all my previous hosts. All my accounts were transferred over to their servers within 2 hours of putting in the ticket. I really liked that.

Later I had some queries regarding the migrations and I updated the same ticket. However, I didn't get a response for sometime. I contacted Rameen on MSN and got an instant reply from Chris.

Support
    Support is quite good. Most of the tickets get answered within say 25-40 mins which I can say is pretty good. If anything is urgent there is an option to call their 24x7 Toll Free no. I haven't tried it yet coz there was no need to.

Servers
    They say that they host you on IBM eServers which they own themselves. It doesn't make a difference to me so far as they are fast and stable. Well, I can definately say that their Servers were faster than ResellerZoom's. But, again I was on RZ's Budget plan so I don't know if it is right to compare the two.

My clients actually noticed difference in speed and I can say they are happy. They are happy, I am happy

Conclusion
    I guess I have covered almost all aspects which I can in a couple of days. Overall I can say that I have had a good experience with them so far. I know it's too early but, I'd definately put in a review say after I finish a month with them.

Cheers!
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

Good review, thanks.
    I think the only thing you missed out [which prob. does not bother most people]
    is that Innohosting use 4 nameservers rather than the standard 2 nameservers, it's a feature I like. - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brian-de-vie View Post
    Good review, thanks.
    I think the only thing you missed out [which prob. does not bother most people]
    is that Innohosting use 4 nameservers rather than the standard 2 nameservers, it's a feature I like. - -
    Well I was most certain that I was missing something. Scratched my head a lot over that.

Thanks for pointing that out. Yes, indeed they use 4 nameservers instead of the standard 2 and I hear they have it clustered to provide more redundancy.

Feels safer doesn't it.
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

Most of the tickets get answered within say 25-40 mins which I can say is pretty good.
    Yup, that's very good indeed. Though I'm sure some readers will think "well, it's not instant, so it's rather bad". Customer expectations these days...

Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc View Post
    Yup, that's very good indeed. Though I'm sure some readers will think "well, it's not instant, so it's rather bad". Customer expectations these days...
    You are right. However, for anyone who is in a hurry - I guess they can call up their Toll Free Line and ask someone to look into it immediately.

Just to add: I was spoilt by SLHost

They answered my tickets in between 5 - 10 mins. So, at first I thought InnoHosting were a bit slow but, when I sat down and actually saw the timings they were pretty good.

Even I take much more time than that to reply to my clients

Thumbs up

I signed up with innohost yesterday for one of my california customers that has about 6 or 7 sites and wanted IPs in Cali too (did a reseller acct for them). The sign up was a breeze, i loved the MaxMind Auto Call Verification, lets you know they are careful with the sign ups, the account was set up same day (a few hours later, and manually set up which is good to know they don't just automate it all). The 4 name servers are a definite plus! They put the acct on server 5 (cali ip's) so looking forward to seeing how they do. Sent a couple of support tickets, they were answered same day. So far so good.
    Last edited by enicola; 02-02-2008 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by enicola View Post
    I signed up with innohost yesterday for one of my california customers that has about 6 or 7 sites and wanted IPs in Cali too (did a reseller acct for them). The sign up was a breeze, i loved the MaxMind Auto Call Verification, lets you know they are careful with the sign ups, the account was set up same day (a few hours later, and manually set up which is good to know they don't just automate it all). The 4 name servers are a definite plus! They put the acct on server 5 (cali ip's) so looking forward to seeing how they do. Sent a couple of support tickets, they were answered same day. So far so good.
    We are neighbors now. Am on that Server as well

hello neighbor mikey
    how long have you been hosting with innohosting?
    eNicola.com Custom Website Design Service Since 1997 | Get a Web Design Quote

Quote Originally Posted by enicola View Post
    hello neighbor mikey
    how long have you been hosting with innohosting?
    Hello,

Been with them for 15+ days now. So far everything is great. The server is fast and stable. Support is quick and are actually helpful.

Rameen & Chris are doing a great job. I look forward to stay with them for long.

BTW, am not a person who is easy to please but, I can say I am impressed with them even in this short period.

Sounds excellent Mike, glad to hear you've found a solid web host Which InnoHosting plan is this review based on?
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 02-04-2008 at 06:16 PM.

I signed up with inno too and had a great experience. I decided to go with a h-sphere panel so I cancelled with them. However the sevice was stupendous, especially for a newbie to all this. All were more than polite, friendly, and downright great. If where I am ends up not working out, I am going back to inno. I will just have to use the cpanel. Ticket response was also great for me at inno.
    Even though I am not there.. would I recommend.. yes. So far all is well where I am too. I will post that later in another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaw Networks View Post
    Sounds excellent Mike, glad to hear you've found a solid web host Which InnoHosting plan is this review based on?
    The review is based on their - Professional plan

Mikey - thanks for the review! Much appreciated!

Brian, enicola, dr16049 -> thanks for the recommendation! Pleasure serving you all

Quote Originally Posted by IH-Rameen View Post

Brian, enicola, dr16049 -> thanks for the recommendation! Pleasure serving you all
    Rameen, the fact that you bother to say thank you to us, speaks tons & is in fact a great example of how you run your business, Professionaly & with Commitment..

Quote Originally Posted by IH-Rameen View Post

You are welcome Rameen.

I just stated the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian-de-vie View Post
    Rameen, the fact that you bother to say thank you to us, speaks tons & is in fact a great example of how you run your business, Professionaly & with Commitment..
    Well said.