My review of Budget Host (budgethost.ca) 1 year.

A good internet friend took advantage of a birthday sale that the owner of budgethost.ca at the time offered. Unfortunately, I never posted a review here as requested by my friend. I signed up for this account around this time last year so I could post a 6-month review, but I never got around to it, so here it is.

This will be short and sweet, mainly because I've never had any problems with these guys. I was gifted the BR02 package (1GB/10GB), and I have since split this with a friend. My friend's domain sees constant traffic, and he's never had any problems with uptime or quality of service. As for myself, my site sees much less traffic, but in the past year, I've not had one instance of service outage. Neither of us are really power users, with my friend using, at most, 1.5GB of bandwidth on his forums and flash games (which he has quite a few of).

Anytime I've needed service (which has only been to ask questions, since I've not had any problems), the online chat has been quick and helpful. Their knowledgebase was a good resource for me, as well, when I first started using this service. It was my first experience with a reseller account and first ever time laying eyes on WHM.

So, overall, I've not had any issues with them. I'm not a power user, so I can't contest to many things, but their server has always been up that I've seen, so that's good in my eyes.

I will soon be discussing with my friend the possibility of switching hosts, though, because the server is just too far from our locations to get a decent connection. Our domains are hosted with their New Jersey servers, and the only other option at this point is moving to their Vancouver location, which would be worse for us. I'm connecting from KY, while my friend from Houston. Upload speeds max out my 1Mb upload, but I'm only able to utilize less than 5% of my 10Mb download on these servers, which is a bummer for me. I've always felt the sluggishness moving around our sites, but I don't necessarily fault the host for this, since so many more things can be involved between our connections.

So, overall, great service if you have a decent pipe to the servers.

Nice to hear that Lubby's baby is still doing fine.

For review validation purposes, please share a domain that you host with them, publicly, or just with to the moderating team via http://www.webhostingtalk.com/report.php?p=4911344. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc View Post
    Nice to hear that Lubby's baby is still doing fine.

For review validation purposes, please share a domain that you host with them, publicly, or just with to the moderating team via http***. Thank you!
    Domains sent to the link you requested.

Quote Originally Posted by blurredvision View Post
    Domains sent to the link you requested.
    And confirmed thanks
    If you don’t like the road you’re walking on, start paving a new one.

Thanks for the great review; <<snipped>>
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 02-19-2008 at 01:19 AM.
    Zenon Kazienko
    President,
    Budget Host Canada
    Your Windows & Linux Solution for Shared, Reseller & Dedicated Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by blurredvision View Post
    A good internet friend took advantage of a birthday sale that the owner of budgethost.ca at the time offered. Unfortunately, I never posted a review here as requested by my friend. I signed up for this account around this time last year so I could post a 6-month review, but I never got around to it, so here it is.

This will be short and sweet, mainly because I've never had any problems with these guys. I was gifted the BR02 package (1GB/10GB), and I have since split this with a friend. My friend's domain sees constant traffic, and he's never had any problems with uptime or quality of service. As for myself, my site sees much less traffic, but in the past year, I've not had one instance of service outage. Neither of us are really power users, with my friend using, at most, 1.5GB of bandwidth on his forums and flash games (which he has quite a few of).

Anytime I've needed service (which has only been to ask questions, since I've not had any problems), the online chat has been quick and helpful. Their knowledgebase was a good resource for me, as well, when I first started using this service. It was my first experience with a reseller account and first ever time laying eyes on WHM.

So, overall, I've not had any issues with them. I'm not a power user, so I can't contest to many things, but their server has always been up that I've seen, so that's good in my eyes.

I will soon be discussing with my friend the possibility of switching hosts, though, because the server is just too far from our locations to get a decent connection. Our domains are hosted with their New Jersey servers, and the only other option at this point is moving to their Vancouver location, which would be worse for us. I'm connecting from KY, while my friend from Houston. Upload speeds max out my 1Mb upload, but I'm only able to utilize less than 5% of my 10Mb download on these servers, which is a bummer for me. I've always felt the sluggishness moving around our sites, but I don't necessarily fault the host for this, since so many more things can be involved between our connections.

So, overall, great service if you have a decent pipe to the servers.
    No outages? You're not kidding Just look at their uptime stats for the past three years:

http://www.webhostingstuff.com/uptim...etHostInc.html

99.99% uptime averaged over three years and still going strong.
    ‹‹SHAW NETWORKS›› Simple. Professional. Reliable. Web Hosting Done Right.
    Low Cost & Award-Winning: cPanel Reseller Plans ›› 24/7/365 Live Technical Support ‹‹
    Website: www.shawnetworks.com Fast Response E-mail: sales @ shawnetworks.com
    Sick of downtime? Fed up with excuses? Drop your host! Switch to Shaw Networks.

99.99% uptime averaged over three years and still going strong.
    It's been well established that hosts could temper with the uptime stats presented on that site. I'm not saying that's true for this host, but that tool is simply not that reliable. Also, monitoring 1 server means very little for a host with tens or hundreds of servers.

99.99% uptime is a reasonable figure and doesn't look out of the ordinary.

Please explain how hosts could tamper with their uptime stats?
    VPSVille.com
    Toronto, London, Dallas, Los Angeles
    Quality VPS hosting on Premium bandwidth

Quote Originally Posted by vpsville View Post
    99.99% uptime is a reasonable figure and doesn't look out of the ordinary.

Please explain how hosts could tamper with their uptime stats?
    Webhostingstuff allows you to reset your uptime back to 100%...

Note that if you see a host that has downtimes inbetween (i.e. some months 100%, some months not 100%) then as far as i know, it hasn't been reset. If it's 100% all the way throughout many months, then it's worth asking for monitoring stats of a real monitoring company..

Furthermore, as ldcdc said, it only monitors 1x server. A host can have hundreds of servers, and for the monitor to only monitor 1x server does not provide a true representation of the actual uptime.

I can say with certainty that since we took over budgethost those stats have not been tampered with, and to the best of my knowledge they were not tampered with before we took it over. I did not even know that they monitored us, nor do I know what they are monitoring. Ive included a link to the monitoring statistics that we show on our website. They are not tampered with, and show all three of our servers. The stats show a couple additional downtimes and average to an uptime of 99.849%

http://www.oursupportcenter.com/uptime.php
    Zenon Kazienko
    President,
    Budget Host Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Zenon View Post
    I can say with certainty that since we took over budgethost those stats have not been tampered with, and to the best of my knowledge they were not tampered with before we took it over. I did not even know that they monitored us, nor do I know what they are monitoring. Ive included a link to the monitoring statistics that we show on our website. They are not tampered with, and show all three of our servers. The stats show a couple additional downtimes and average to an uptime of 99.849%

http://www.oursupportcenter.com/uptime.php
    We're not doubting your uptime at all.. When Greg ran the place he did a great job, and when he was thinking of selling it a long way back, I remember him telling me he only wants to sell it to a reputable company.. So no doubts about your company or uptime. The comment was a general comment about the way webhostingstuff monitors uptime

Cool

Don't worry there was no offence taken, nor did I take it as an accusation; I was not aware that site was even monitoring us. I posted the reply to clear any suspicion that any viewers may have had. And to demonstrate that indeed webhostingstuff is not accurately representing uptime even without tampering.
    Zenon Kazienko
    President,
    Budget Host Canada