Thread: mysql exploit

mysql exploit

Can someone recommended me some one with knowledge of mysql exploit or mysql injection, it seem to our VB forum have issue with database load..
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

Greetings:

Is the server in question secured?

Is the server in question receive regular (no less frequently than monthly) updates to keep the server secured?

Do you have mod_security installed?

Have you reviewed your mod_security rules to see if they can be adjusted?

Is the application getting the injections (which are most likely occurring from the web browser to the web server to the mysql server) updated to the most up to date and stable version?

Thank you.
    ---
    Peter M. Abraham
    LinkedIn Profile

My suggestion is to setup mysql securely and follow secure coding methods/standards while coding the applications to avoid mysql injection or mysql exploits.

Check these links
    http://www.linux.com/articles/54798
    http://mysqlsecurity.com/
    http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum10/9688.htm

Hope it will be of some help
    Blessen Cherian
    Follow me on twitter.com/blessenonly
    Over a decade plus in the Hosting Industry

Yeah, use secure coding methods when rewriting VBulletin.

I wouldn't blame load problems on SQL injection. The symptoms of SQL injection would be data being modified or accessed without intended permission.

You probably only need a sysadmin knowledgeable in optimizing the database server.
    -Mark Adams
    www.bitserve.com - Secure Michigan web hosting for your business.
    Only host still offering a full money back uptime guarantee and prorated refunds.
    Offering advanced server management and security incident response!

Load problems in forums that aren't from the pure weight of traffic typically come from the extensions/add-ons.

The programmers of these will have made new queries against the database that the database designers weren't anticipating, and the extension programmers rarely think about whether they should also be adding indexes to the database, or modifying their queries to make better use of the indexes already there.

Setup the slow query log as explained in the mysql manual to see if you have any queries that take a long time to run, then search for them in you forums code. If they are in an extension, consider removing it, or if your SQL is up to it, analysing them to determine how to rewrite the query or add indexes to make it faster.

Thank you every one for this,, I will put your idea in motion...
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>