* Is There Anything I can Do To Transfer My Domains From Vizaweb?

I am hoping someone might have an answer for this question. Is there anything I can do to get my domains transfered to another hosting company even though they are refusing to give me the transfer codes? The Whois is registered in my name. Should I get a Lawyer?
    Thanks.

As per ICANN.org,

"Registrars are not permitted to deny transfer requests arbitrarily. ICANN has no policy that permits or requires registrars to deny outgoing transfer requests solely because the registration is within X number of days before expiration. In any case where a "losing" registrar does deny a transfer request, it is required to provide the "gaining" registrar with a notice of the denial and a specific reason for the denial."

Yup,

They can not refuse a domain transfer if it's registered in your name, it's illegal. Let them know you know this and maybe they'll change their mind.

bobitza is correct in that they MUST let you move it.

Post thank you so much

The trouble I am having is I have put in my support ticket.. about a week about now. They just will not respond to my request. I have tried the chat and they just leave me hanging(this is in my other post about Vizaweb). You can't call them because it will not go though. I email them everyday to let them know I am waiting for my transfer numbers. Is there anyway to transfer them with these numbers? To of my domains are active on WHOIS. The other they are trying to say it expired even though I had paid for it up till the end of march. It has this on my payment panel. That is the brentsdeveloping.com. It has my info in the WHOIS but they are tell me it expired. Did they just not register it again when I paid for the year last year? Thanks guys for your help

vizaweb would appear to be a reseller for enom, so maybe an email to enom would be a way to go here, enom

In terms of funds paid, your going to have to pay up again (to enom or whoever), and look to recover the funds afterwards.
    Last edited by AL-Benjamin; 01-18-2008 at 07:02 PM. Reason: link error
    l 201TB.com • 201TB bandwidth as standard in three USA DC’s. KVMoIP, auto reboot & OS install all included - Now available in the Netherlands!
    l udedi.com • UK, USA & NL unmetered 100mb & 1GB 100TB premium bandwidth servers
    l Assiva Ltd • UK Shared & Reseller LiteSpeed • 10 years of hosting • R1Soft

Thanks I will give that a try

I hope that works but I am not holding my breath. I used there message center and left them know what they were doing was illegal.

best of luck mate
    l 201TB.com • 201TB bandwidth as standard in three USA DC’s. KVMoIP, auto reboot & OS install all included - Now available in the Netherlands!
    l udedi.com • UK, USA & NL unmetered 100mb & 1GB 100TB premium bandwidth servers
    l Assiva Ltd • UK Shared & Reseller LiteSpeed • 10 years of hosting • R1Soft

Good luck! Let us know how it ends.

Moved to Domain Name forum. You might get more specific advice here, from people who are very experienced in these matters.

Domain Status: On-hold (redemption Period)

(...)

Expiration date: 06 Nov 2007 20:35:58
    http://whois.domaintools.com/brentsdeveloping.com

Did they just not register it again when I paid for the year last year?
    Apparently that's true. While the domain is in the redemption period you can get it back, but it may cost quite a bit. $150 is not unheard of.

Or you can try to get it back once it's available for registration again, though you run a significant risk of losing it to expired domains snatchers.

I am having the same problem and I have complained to Enom as the registrar was a reseller from Enom. Enom is saying that they can't help me.