Any tips to bargian and buy premium domain?

The domain i am looking for is asking 1188$ at register.com. Sedo.com is allowing me to make an offer. I made an offer for 150$, but did not get any response from them. Any tips to make an offer?

I can have sedo.com brokers to handle the negotiations, but they charge 69$ plus 10% of domain price. Is it worth to go through them? Any suggestions in the process?

I couldnt find related tops in this forums. Thanks in advance.

Edit to add site popularity:
    Incoming Google Links:0Incoming Yahoo Links:0Incoming MSN Links:0Incoming Alexa Links:0DMOZ Listed:NoArchive.org Listed:No

Also, I couldnt find any information regarding how long he has been holding the domain, when will it expire, etc.,
    Last edited by priceline; 01-17-2008 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Edit to add site popularity:

The art and science of bargaining is so forgotten these days. I have seen sellers asking for ridiculous prices, or even set ridiculous minimum bids; but at the same time, we do have buyers offering unreasonably low first bids. I guess it's a two way street.

My questions are, WHY would you make an initial offer of $150 (price B) when the asking price is $1,188 (price A)? Do you think the seller's asking price is significantly inflated? What is the highest price (price C) you are willing to pay for this domain? What is the rationale behind the descrepancy between prices B and C?
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.

The domain I am looking for is two word, and has 12 chars. I doubt any one else would pay more than regular registration charges at the moment. I specifically need this for my client, so I quoted 150$. My client has these 12 chars plus another 7 chars website at the moment.. so i suggested him to buy this domain as well.

Ah.. more than the chars its how well these two words go... onlinebusiness.com has 14 chars but will easily go for a few thousand dollars...

IMO, the best way to figure out the worth of a Domain is based on a mix of a few things... Google Trends, Forums, Industry... And most importantly instinct....

Also, checkout www.NameBIO.com for similar names sold. You'll most likely be unpleasantly surprised.
    Signature Under Construction.