Trouble setting up email on my server for the 1st time

I'm trying to use SmarterMail on my server for the 1st time and I'm having trouble setting it up. Currently, I can only SEND emails. I cannot RECEIVE them.

I currently have my outgoing smpt set as my computer's IP address.

When I tried setting this up in my outlook, I once again had trouble with the incoming (POP3) name when I tested my settings while the outgoing (SMTP) seemed to be fine.

Does anyone know what I need to enter into smartermail in order to properly send email?

Also, if it helps, I created 2 email accounts in smartermail under the same domain name (admin@mysite.com and support@mysite.com) and I was able to successfully send emails back and forth between these 2 accounts. The only problem seems to be when I try to send an email to another server.

Thanks.
    Regards,
    Goalie35

Hello -

I am Jeff Hardy at SmarterTools--the maker of SmarterMail.

Although I am not on the Tech team over here, I can direct you to the SmarterTools Community Forum. Not only does our support team monitor this area at times, but our user base is filled with bright people who are usually very happy to give input and help: smartertools.com/forums/

Additionally, if you question is a basic installation/setup related issue, send an email to sales[at]smartertools.com

We give free installation advice and that is a great way to get information pretty quickly.

I hope that this helps.

Be well,