Thread: Geekstorage.com

Geekstorage.com

I've surfing around the internets and came upon this company, geekstorage.com. Their prices seem insanely cheap for what they seem to offer. See here for example
    http://www.geekstorage.com/gs/service/shared
    I did a search on WHT for that company name but found no reviews at all. Perhaps they are new?

Anyways I wanted to see if anyone here had anything to say about them?

No reviews on that site either.

Hi Chris,

GeekStorage was founded by myself in May of 2007, so it is a fairly new business; however, I've been involved with the industry since 2002, so in another sense, I'm not a newcomer when it comes to offering discounted quality hosting to the geeks of the world.
    * GeekStorage.com, LLC - Offering awesome website hosting for over 9 years!
    * Shared Hosting * Reseller Hosting * Pure SSD VPS * Managed Dedicated
    * Powered by Geeks... and SSD's! - You're in good hands, geek hands.
    * Have questions? Send us an e-mail, we'd love to hear from you!

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=663641

Points to history of the company's owner. Personally, I'd be really careful. Really careful. There's a lot of questions, and an unwillingness to provide answers ... a cavalier sort of attitude ... you need to do a search on NetBunch and WebHostPlus, that will give you a good history on this fellow and at least one company he previously ran.

Bailey
    Let's Connect on Twitter! @thatsmsgeek2u || Fighting mediocrity one thread at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by bithost(NET) View Post
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=663641

Points to history of the company's owner. Personally, I'd be really careful. Really careful. There's a lot of questions, and an unwillingness to provide answers ... a cavalier sort of attitude ... you need to do a search on NetBunch and WebHostPlus, that will give you a good history on this fellow and at least one company he previously ran.

Bailey
    I have absolutely nothing in my history that I'd care to hide. We sold a company... the company that bought us screwed everything up and refused our help to fix it? That's the history he's "warning" you about.

Feel free to read the thread(s) regarding the sale of my old company, Netbunch.com, on here and other forums and draw your own unbiased conclusion.
    * Powered by Geeks... and SSD's! - You're in good hands, geek hands.
    * Have questions? Send us an e-mail, we'd love to hear from you!

I actually already read about the netbunch.com fiasco. To me it seems it wasn't their fault what happened but I am also concerned about how their company got sold to such people who seemed to ruin it and had a track record of doing so.

I received a friendly offer in a PM and the cheapest plan is 4 bucks a month so I can't really go wrong.. Still debating.

Being sent offers via PM is expressly against the rules on this board.

Bailey
    Let's Connect on Twitter! @thatsmsgeek2u || Fighting mediocrity one thread at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Patti View Post
    I actually already read about the netbunch.com fiasco. To me it seems it wasn't their fault what happened but I am also concerned about how their company got sold to such people who seemed to ruin it and had a track record of doing so.

I received a friendly offer in a PM and the cheapest plan is 4 bucks a month so I can't really go wrong.. Still debating.
    Any offer you receive in a PM really should be taken with a grain of salt, as that company is violating WHT's rules.

As for why we didn't foresee WHP's troubles in advance... at the time we started talking to them.. they had only purchased about one or two other companies and had only messed up one migration, which they managed to explain why they screwed up (which we then put some specific variables in the contract to attempt to avoid, even though they didn't follow them)... so there was some positive history and some negative history regarding them. I figured they wouldn't be incompetent enough to screw up yet another large migration and the negotiations continued. For almost six months we were in talks with them prior to finalizing the deal... then it only took about 3 months for them to really screw things up for Netbunch and they already were waste deep in screwing up other migrations.

For the most part, their bulk issues all hit around the same time or slightly after we had sold. We were one of the first to sell and, as such, one of the first to regret doing so.

We could have done more to vet them, but that's a mistake we made and one we've learned from.