Opinions on Onyxservers?

I am looking for a host to launch an ecommerce site on and ran across Onyxservers. I found their post(by Hostmaniac) on this board offering three months free and 40% off hosting if you choose to stay with them after that.

I was able to figure out that they have their servers colocated at Liquidweb's Michigan data center.

I tried searching Google for +onyxservers +problems or +onyxservers +sucks and didn't find anything. That is a good sign considering you can do a similiar search for some of the other hosting companies out there and get a ton of horror stories about people's experiences with them.

Has anybody had any experience with them?

Thanks in advance for any input that anybody can provide.

I had a quick search in the forum and couldn't find any reviews about them. bad or good.
    But they offer a trail period for 3 months. So I won't think there is any risk in giving them a try. If you feel that it is not working for you at any moment, you can run away.
    iHubNet Ltd - Premium Hosting Solutions 4 ALL
    Solid Support Solid Equipment Solid Network
    Shared Hosting / Reseller Hosting / Managed Server
    Matt A.

Maybe you should do a quick scan about Liquidweb aswell as they are located in Liquidweb's datacenter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedicational View Post
    Maybe you should do a quick scan about Liquidweb aswell as they are located in Liquidweb's datacenter.
    I tried searching Google for info about them but didn't come up with really anything bad about them.

It's actually kind of irrevelant about Liquidweb reviews to some extent because it should be different management and level one support teams. The only thing that should be the same would be the actual datacenter support staff. I would think that Onyxservers would have direct contact capability with the datacenter to get hardware issues resolved.

I was really hoping that somebody could have given some first hand experiences with them.

Considering that I can't really find anything bad about them, I will probably give them a try since I don't really have anything to lose. Hopefully it will be one of the "no news is good news" situations.

I won't think there is any meaning in looking for Liquidweb reviews. hey are a good DC with a god reputation, but they are not going to help you when you need some assistance.
    I think it is okay to give them a try. I can see the nameservers for Onyxservers.com are ns1/ns2.optimalweb.com which also goes to Onyxservers. May be they might had used that name too early.
    iHubNet Ltd - Premium Hosting Solutions 4 ALL
    Solid Support Solid Equipment Solid Network
    Shared Hosting / Reseller Hosting / Managed Server
    Matt A.