Windows 2003 VPN

Hello,

Can anyone please provide me a step by step guide on how to setup a vpn on windows 2003 web edition server?

I have setup ras, and letting me to login to the server using PPTP, but its not allowing me to route the Internet using the connection there.

I m having One NIC card, and as far i know its possible to route public network too. Can anyone please help me?
    Mellowhost - Providing High Quality Web Hosting Services since 2007
    SSD Cpanel Shared, SSD OpenVZ & KVM VPS Hosting
    A Hosting Provider with Complete SSD VPS & Shared Hosting.

No one to have an answer?
    Mellowhost - Providing High Quality Web Hosting Services since 2007
    SSD Cpanel Shared, SSD OpenVZ & KVM VPS Hosting
    A Hosting Provider with Complete SSD VPS & Shared Hosting.

There is a step by step in the docs for both pptp and ipsec based vpn's.
    edgedirector.com
    managed dns global failover and load balance (gslb)
    exactstate.com
    uptime report for webhostingtalk.com

Firstly I would not recommend PPTP VPNs in the slightest, least of all Windows 2003 Servers homegrown version, if you insist on using a PPTP connection then at least invest in some decent VPN software or use Open VPN or something.

PPTP VPN is not in the slightest little bit secure and not even remotely reliable (See what I did there? Remotely? Never mind I'm lost on you lot)

If you mean, that once you're connected to the VPN from your own machine you cannot browse the internet then I would suggest changing your VPN options.

Instead of allowing your PC to look at the VPN for it's default gateway set it to your router/firewall.

Yes it is possible to browse the internet through the VPN using it as a default gateway but it's not adviseable, for one thing DNS lookups will be incredibly slow and secondly you don't have the same reliability that you have on your own LAN.

In addition to this it takes a bit of setting up on the server end to allow a VPN client to use it as a default gateway and in the end it just isn't worth it.
    Visit Symsys Ltd for all your computer needs, from programming to Linux Server Support.

In New Zealand and need some on site help with your I.T. infrastructure or need design services and you're located somewhere else in the world? Visit Symsys Ltd for a better service.