* Domain name with no Whois Info??

After keeping an eye on the domain name because no one renewed it, I signed up for ExpireFish to try to grab it when it was finally droped (it was previously registered through NetSol).

Well, needless to say, I was unable to grab it. However, after trying numerous times to find out who did grab it, I always get errors. For instance, when I try to whois it using DirectNic, I get this error:
    You have used the whois service 3 / 20

But then I can type in any other domain name and I get no error. This has been going on for well over a month or so. I thought WHOIS had to be public?

Whoever now owns the domain obviously doesn't want any one else knowing. Can anyone shed some light on this?

I wonder if it has more to do with what site you are using to check? I got the following from

Domain Name: HORSENET.COM
    Registrar: TLDS, INC. DBA SRSPLUS
    Whois Server:
    Referral URL:
    Name Server: No nameserver
    Updated Date: 23-jun-2002

Then I go to and there is no info in the whois....hmmmmm

I know, that is what is SO weird, that doesn't have any information, I was just curious what they would have to have done in order to give you an error when you try to whois it using other registrars.

Just a guess, but I'd say that SRSPlus' whois is broken.

myOstrich Internet - OpenSRS Domain Names & Digital Certificates

sorry you lost it - but next time don't use ExpireFish their succes rate is very poor and they leave the domains they folow for days on end unregisterd. I recomend - but even then it's no sure thing.