Cost of Setting up Reseller?

Hiya,

I was wondering coz I'm totally new to even knowing what reselling really is so plz if i seem extremely ignorant excuse me

Basically what would be the average cost of setting up a reselling business? I know it varies but an average plan etc..

And what kind of things e.g. hiring ppl etc are needed? That ppl forget you have to pay for..

Thanks in advance

Reseller account - $20/mth
    Credit card processing account - $50 setup
    Website - nothing [you build this yourself]

Watching someone asking questions like this about setting up a hosting business - priceless.

There are some things money can't buy - but for everything else - just open up a hosting business and you can buy anything you damn well want.
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!

Hiya

Yeah.. I bet I looked pretty stupid

I'm just looking around.. Reading the posts.. and it looks like alot of work

I'm not planning on jumping into it.. thats even if I do jump into it at all.. just thought i'd give myself some months of readnig/asking questions/learning stuff and see how it goes after that

What do you suggest I do if I was seriously thinking of setting up such a service?

Thanks in advance

Originally posted by salsabil
    What do you suggest I do if I was seriously thinking of setting up such a service?
    Hang around here for at least 6mths. Try to get a "feel" for the industry. Read everything here. Look at other folks websites and hosting business and see how they do business. It's a business like any other business and should be treated with respect.

When you get around to starting your business, offer hosting plans to friends and family and don't charge for a few months. Get to know how to handle support issues etc. It's a difficult business and even harder to get started and make a successful income from.

but don't hang around too much if u seriously decide to do.. then do it otherwise in the end will be more confused also....

so do your study in 1-2 months.. think should be enough to survey and getting the 'feel'

bob needs more time as he's getting old .. J/K

I agree with Aussie Bob.

The cost of you setting up a reseller also is determinded on your knowledge of the web hosting business. The more you know the easier and in some cases cheaper you will find it to get along successfully. Experiance means ALOT.

Hiya

I think that would be the best idea.. looking around and learning etc for a couple of months at least.. im in uni (doing info sys) and would probably wait till holidays before getting into it fully if I decide to go ahead, so these months will be good for learning.

I understand you have to treat it seriously.

I most likely would host for people I know first, as my community that I'm involved with has a lack of people offering web hosting at a good price.. some people are paying or charging huge costs. E.g. I got told $50US a year.. for 5mb space and no email I myself thought that was ridiculous

I'll hang around here and look around

Thanks alot for your info and also the other threads have been quite useful.

So i'll keep asking questions and keep learning

Thanks again everyone!

Originally posted by mk123
    bob needs more time as he's getting old .. J/K
    Watch it junior...