Exclamation Firewall problem

I have set up a web server using IIS in server 2003. The server was running fine for about a month, then all of a sudden the firewall is blocking the incoming requests to load the web page. I am using symantec endpoint protection with the firewall and virus protection on. I have checked the logs and both the TCP and UDP are being allowed, but the IP from the router is being blocked. Sometimes the firewall will let the data through, but most of the time it won't. I am behind a linksys router, but I have forwarded port 80. Does anyone know how to stop symantec from blocking the routers IP, but also maintain a secure network??

Can you set any rule in that kind of firewall? Can you show us some logs entries?

Regards,
    http://creawebsolutions.com
    Server Management & Web Security.

Yes you can set rules, I have allowed both port 80 for both TCP and UDP and it still didn't work, I have also tried adding a rule to set the router to be allowed, but it didn't work either

After looking closely at the firewall logs I have found that when the firewall doesn't block the request it has a low severity. Also I have noticed that the TCP and UDP that are allowed are going through port 80 but the blocked IP is going through an unknown port. I have no idea why the firewall would decide to block the incoming requests with out any settings changed.

Only one IP is blocked without any reason? Is this affecting any other ip/host ?
    David | www.cliffsupport.com
    Affordable Server Management Solutions sales AT cliffsupport DOT com
    CliffWebManager | Access WHM from iPhone and Android

Considering you mentioned you're behind a Linksys router (assuming with NAT, since you mentioned port forwarding), is this through an ADSL/CABLE provider?

The reason I'm asking is that some adsl/cable providers have started blocking ports like 80/TCP (http) in order to promote their office/static packages. At least, that's very common in my area.
    SharkTECH Internet Services
    http://www.sharktech.net
    DDOS Firewalled Dedicated Servers
    Managed Services / IRC Allowed

yes the IP that is being blocked is the router's IP. I am using a Comcast cable connection, but to my knowlege they haven't blocked port 80. When I have a computer on a different network try to access the web site I can monitor the network activity on the web server. There is a spike in incoming activity, so the traffic is getting to the server.

I guess they don't block the port then (although they technically could still block srcport 80 in outgoing traffic, passing such checks, but still breaking WEB hosting).

So in your opinion, the packets stop in router and don't even reach your web server? Have you tried rebooting the router or something?
    SharkTECH Internet Services
    http://www.sharktech.net
    DDOS Firewalled Dedicated Servers
    Managed Services / IRC Allowed

One solution I would recommend is uninstalling Symatec, End of solution.

In all seriousness though is the Windows firewall enabled on the server? Which version of 2003 Server are you using? Are your IIS permissions set correctly to allow the browser to access your webserver properly? Can you give us a little more information on what kind of an error is coming up?

In addition why are you using Symantec when you're behind a Linksys router which is basically a hardware firewall?
    Last edited by Symsys; 01-18-2008 at 04:21 AM. Reason: missed something
    Visit Symsys Ltd for all your computer needs, from programming to Linux Server Support.

In New Zealand and need some on site help with your I.T. infrastructure or need design services and you're located somewhere else in the world? Visit Symsys Ltd for a better service.