In case you have an older version of WHM, you can edit the email under List Acconts under Email column
    tanfwc
    Singapore Managed Colocation
    Singapore BGP Announcement

Quote Originally Posted by tanfwc View Post
    In case you have an older version of WHM, you can edit the email under List Acconts under Email column
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody Salter View Post
    In WHM under List Accounts, you can click the plus sign next the the domain and update the email contact there.
    Hello, this is not what i mean. i don't think i explained it very well.

i am not talking about changing the email address attached to the account.

in the cpanel for this account in the email accounts section they have created several custom emails e.g. [email protected], [email protected] etc. they want to change one of the emails account addresses from [email protected] to [email protected] but i don't see an option to do this. i can change the quota etc but not the actual name.

any ideas how to change the actual email address without creating a new one since they already have emails in this account.

hope that explains the situation better.

i am using cpanel 11 and i am root fyi incase i need to do anything in the admin side of cpanel to change it.

dave.

Oh ok, since this is the case, you need to move the mail data manually in the account. The mail data are located in /home/username/mail/boo.com/dave, you can copy the entire directory content to the new account.

Well, I have try this myself but please make sure you know what you are doing. Do it as your own risk!
    tanfwc

Oh ok, since this is the case, you need to move the mail data manually in the account. The mail data are located in /home/username/mail/boo.com/dave, you can copy the entire directory content to the new account.

Well, I have try this myself but please make sure you know what you are doing. Do it as your own risk!
    ok i will give that a try (making backups first ).

thanks for your help.

this seems like quite a stupid feature cpanel has left out.

dave.

Well, i dont think cPanel should include this in the main function as you are not suppose to change emails after you created

Anyway, please make sure you created the new account from the cPanel interface first
    tanfwc

Red face Plesk

Well, i dont think cPanel should include this in the main function as you are not suppose to change emails after you created

Anyway, please make sure you created the new account from the cPanel interface first
    Ive been in the same situation with some customer that after being using his email, he wanted to change the email name. But with plesk it was very easy, simply editing it from the plesk panel, but after migrating to cPanel ive found that option missing, and i think it will be useful.