Your Tips To Attracting Traffic

Hey everyone.
    I am remotely new to the web hosting world, and I have in the past week put up two sites.

My Question for all you veterans out there is "HOW!?"

All you pr1 100k u/v a day guys, whats your trick? Will you share? I'd appreciate it.

Lightbulb

Did you think that high page ranks and heavy traffic would take less than a week to arrive at your new sites? If so, then it should be noted that legitimate sites (not link farms, black-hat SEO sites, warez, etc) take time to grow. Even assuming that you have taken the time to hand-submit your site to various search engines and directories, and have respectfully requested in-bound links from on-topic sites which offer linking, you should expect to wait weeks, if not months, before you see much traffic.

Why do you assume that there is a "trick"? I have heavy traffic and good search-engine rankings, but I started building my site back in late 1998. It took years to get "big".

For legitimate sites, I'm afraid there is no "trick". There are techniques (good design, intelligent tags, etc), but in the end, it simply boils down to hard work (and, granted, sometimes a little good luck).

Just my opinion, of course; I could be wrong....

Eliz.

I wasn't implying of any "trick" it was more of a "trick of the trade" that I meant.

Things like submitting your site to directories and search engines.
    I realize it takes time to get "big" I was just looking for idea's to hasten the fact.

I realize it takes time to get "big" I was just looking for idea's to hasten the fact.
    SE likes things to be natural. Speeduping process can bring you negative results. SEO web masters do not suggest you do extra on your SEO with web site.
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998.
    >>Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers and virtual private dedicated servers.
    >>>>Wholly owned multi homed network, servers and facilities.

Well, above all, your site has to be something that there is a need or demand for. Nobody's going to go to a site about toenail clippings, but they might go to a site that gives them a place to talk about sports or current events.
    Ryan G.

My sites a bit of a grey area.
    Video streaming, embedded youtube/megavideo etc.

It has got some popularity, But i made the mistake of putting up Zango advertisements to make a bit of cash. and my traffics taken a bit of a hit.

Zangos coming down, and hopefully I'll get a few more repeat customers.

If anyone knows anyone in an entertainment related site that would like some reciprocals, please let me know (Higher the PR the better lol)

you can try to add social media content and participate in communities and forum of your niche

Quote Originally Posted by erikko View Post
    you can try to add social media content and participate in communities and forum of your niche

Lol what's Social Megia content? Like a chat room kinda deal?
    I already participate in forums of said niche.

Lol what's Social Megia content
    I think that you have to learn more about social bookmarking if you want to learn more.
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998.
    >>Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers and virtual private dedicated servers.
    >>>>Wholly owned multi homed network, servers and facilities.

I'd try to do some offline marketing. It works especially when the web site targets a local audience.
    DawHB.com - Web Hosting Blog | VPSHostDir.com - VPS Hosting Media

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiZero View Post
    .....whats your trick? Will you share? I'd appreciate it.
    So you're new to this whole internet thing, and want to take the shortcut and learn the tricks eh? Ok, I present to you one of the best tricks out there...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KrdBUFeFtY

12. There are soooo many ways. It's hard to know where to start sometimes... Do some research though.

Stick with the basic build a strong link building strategy and write good content and you will be on your way to a good ranking website
    <<Please see rules for signature setup>>

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Nobody's going to go to a site about toenail clippings, but they might go to a site that gives them a place to talk about sports or current events.
    I had to google it!

http://www.davidshrigley.com/sculptu...toe_nails.html

Paul
    PAC Web Hosting | www.pacwebhosting.co.uk | Affordable and Reliable UK Hosting
    Need good honest advice about a hosting solution without obligation? - 0333 123 8000 (UK)
    Let us find the perfect solution for you! - Money back guarantee - Happy Customers HERE
    Buy Web Hosting | UK Web Hosting | cPanel Partner | SSL Certs | Domain Names

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiZero View Post
    I wasn't implying of any "trick" it was more of a "trick of the trade" that I meant.

Things like submitting your site to directories and search engines.

Its a better idea to achieve PR1. it tooks some time but in future it'll be very usefull for u. just try to post ur link to more and more directories.

Can having too many links damage your rankings?

So u want to attract traffic umm....ok
    1-- use related keywords
    2-- use fresh contents or non copied contents
    3- use forum posting;blogs...
    Looking for someone to manage Link Building? Have a look at BlognList link building.Also join, attractive
    Link building affiliates.

Quote Originally Posted by stapel View Post
    Did you think that high page ranks and heavy traffic would take less than a week to arrive at your new sites? If so, then it should be noted that legitimate sites (not link farms, black-hat SEO sites, warez, etc) take time to grow. Even assuming that you have taken the time to hand-submit your site to various search engines and directories, and have respectfully requested in-bound links from on-topic sites which offer linking, you should expect to wait weeks, if not months, before you see much traffic.

Why do you assume that there is a "trick"? I have heavy traffic and good search-engine rankings, but I started building my site back in late 1998. It took years to get "big".

For legitimate sites, I'm afraid there is no "trick". There are techniques (good design, intelligent tags, etc), but in the end, it simply boils down to hard work (and, granted, sometimes a little good luck).

Just my opinion, of course; I could be wrong....

Eliz.
    Yes, I agree. Hard work is the key ingredient and always play according to the rules. Google Webmaster Central provides helpful tips how you can get high PR. We reap what we sow.

Write about something that your visitors want to know most and remember to write for visitors not search engine.
    Get paid to websites
    get paid to upload photos and wallpapers