Working with Online Radio (streaming), any ideas?

Hello
    I've wondered what it takes to do radio streaming trought a website, i mean, let's not go to those ShoutCast tutoriales where you install winamp and from your PC send the streaming to anyone who want to listen, I'm more interested in doing that BUT at a web server, any ideas? sugestions?

Thank you

if i understand you correctly, you would need a shoutcast server.

to my knowledge, unless you are sending real audio or windows media files (and even then i don't think it's plausible to do so 'live') .. then you need a shoutcast server.

if you want to explore that avenue further, i would highly suggest checking out streamstorm. i have used them in the past and was extremely pleased. their pricing is excellent as well.

Quote Originally Posted by db09 View Post
    if i understand you correctly, you would need a shoutcast server.

to my knowledge, unless you are sending real audio or windows media files (and even then i don't think it's plausible to do so 'live') .. then you need a shoutcast server.

if you want to explore that avenue further, i would highly suggest checking out streamstorm. i have used them in the past and was extremely pleased. their pricing is excellent as well.
    Your link gives a 404
    Host to avoid at all costs - Real Web Host

Mouse potato - The online generations version of a couch potato

hm. works fine here.

you need shoutcast server. there is option called auto-dj facility using that you can run it from servers as files. not only doing live broadcasting