Looking for good Co-Location

Can anyone list a few good co-location hosting companies out there? I know *****.com is a good company but would still like to find a place that offers the most bandwidth for the dollar. Thanks.

- Jon

are you looking for quality, multihomed bandwidth, or just some cogent or something?

If you got the moeny and are looking for good, go with verio.
    Chicago Electronic Cigarettes: Tobacco Free, Smoke Free. 3 E-Cig Models, 11 flavors, and accessories.
    http://www.chicago-ecigs.com

You can do some research here:
    http://www.colosource.com/findacolo.asp

Out of curiousity, what is cencored and why? I refer to "*****.com" in jrhoads's post.

jrhoads -

If you read this you can PM me if you'd like to.

Thanks.

- krc

I was wondering the same thing, about the censorship. Obviously, one of the admins doesn't like whatever the company is.

I've never really understood the goal of censoring names, all it accomplishes is making it hard for people to find out that a company is bad. If AFakeCompany rips people off, their name will get banned, which means people will search for "AFakeCompany," and find nothing, and thus assume nothing is wrong. Censoring names, IMHO, is dong little more than help the "bad" company keep their badness anonymous.

A better thing to do would probably be to list the questionable "providers" on a site of its own.

- krc

also looking

I'm also looking for a good colo host - I'm looking for at least 1/2 cab or rack, and at least 200GB Bandwidth - my catch is that is has to be in the Austin area. So far I've seen a few places here in town:

DataFoundry (overpriced - flashy but not that great. They have a datacenter in an old bank vault, which is neat but when the salesman showed off the "super-secure" eyeball sensor it didn't work and a 4-digit keycode opened the door. Cardboard security - and there were neon lights in the data-center)

Exodus (also overpriced - kevlar walls are cool, but I'm just not that paranoid)

Mach10 Hosting - these guys basically took over Verio's facility that they would have had to shut down otherwise. Prices are good, but after-hours access requires getting one of the 5 people at the company out of bed.

Inflow - so far my top choice - they just came out with a new cookie-cutter solution that includes a full cabinet and more bandwidth than I know what to do with, for about the same price most people wanted for 1/2 as much. They also seeem to really have their stuff together.

Am I missing anybody? There are only a couple more Tier 2 IDCs in town (Austin's not really a Tier 1 town...) and the others I've talked to (Broadwing mainly) don't offer 1/2 cab solutions. Anyone have an Inflow horror story to disuade me?

You might want to take a look at AffordableColo.com. I have a small personal server that is located there and so far their network has been excellent. They are located in the Colo4Dallas facility.

Richard
    Enigma Hosting
    "I wasn't speeding, I was qualifying!"

It's gotta be in Austin. Also, I don't mind spending a few bucks for good quality - just not overspending. This is for a mission-critical site.

Re: Looking for good Co-Location

Originally posted by jrhoads
    Can anyone list a few good co-location hosting companies out there? I know *****.com is a good company but would still like to find a place that offers the most bandwidth for the dollar. Thanks.

- Jon
    I recommend that you deal directly with the Datacenter ITSELF.
    It won't be cheap either

Don't colo with someone that has space in someone else's cabinet in yet someone elses cage in Yet someone elses Datacenter. Go Direct to the Source Itself

Eliminate the Middle Man or suffer the pain that "Up Today, Gone Tomorrow" Colo Providers will Serve up.

For missions critical, I would say go Inflow, especially if they are in your area and you have the budget. We visted their datacenter in Denver several times and were highly impressed with their operation. Howerver, at the time we were looking, their prices were sky high ... up to 200% higher then all of the other shows in town.
    Jay Sudowski // Handy Networks LLC // Co-Founder & CTO
    AS30475 - Level(3), HE, Telia, XO and Cogent. Noction optimized network.
    Offering Dedicated Server and Colocation Hosting from our SSAE 16 SOC 2, Type 2 Certified Data Center.
    Current specials here. Check them out.

im sure their prices are alot more affordable now, as they were going through financial problems, but then again it seems who isnt anymore.
    affordablecolo.com carrier grade colocation at a affordable price!
    Charles Baker - Company Operations
    1-866-316-HOST

Raq4less i would have to disagree with you, most colo facilitys only have remote hands staff, whihc means they arent trained on any specific os, cp etc, they just do the typing, and thats the way it should be. When you colo with someone in a colocation facility you often get techs that are trained in specific OS's, cp's, etc etc... Its just an extra layer of support.

In addition often these hosts can provide you a all in one solutions so you arent left out there trying to get colo from one person, bandwidth from another, managed services from another etc...
    affordablecolo.com carrier grade colocation at a affordable price!
    Charles Baker - Company Operations
    1-866-316-HOST

im sure their prices are alot more affordable now, as they were going through financial problems, but then again it seems who isnt anymore.
    I wish . Their prices are still much higher than normal, but it's well worth it!

BTW, they are not in financial trouble any more.
    Mike @ Xiolink.com
    http://www.xiolink.com 1-877-4-XIOLINK
    Advanced Managed Microsoft Hosting
    "Your data... always within reach"

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RackMy.com
    I wish . Their prices are still much higher than normal, but it's well worth it!

BTW, they are not in financial trouble any more.
    [/QUOTE

I would have to second that
    Regards,
    Brian P.
    Digital X Web[TM], LLC
    http://digitalxweb.net

Thumbs up Mach10

I can't say a thing about Mach10's Colo but I have had a dedicated server with them for almost three years.

I can't say enough good about these guys!

I HIGHLY Recommend them!

Hope This Helps!

Best Regards,
    Mike Allton
    ASU Service
    http://www.NetBizHelpers.com
    AOL Friends <a href="http://www.NetBizHelpers.com">Click Here</a>