Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Exclamation Dreamhost billing issues (drawing money for orders made in the future etc)

Perhaps you have read about this billing issue that is hitting Dreamhost's clients right now;

Their Statusblog
    Their forum

I think every customer have been affected by this, I was too (even if I have not yet seen my CC being drawn as I don't have "automated payments" set up).

I am still a client with Dreamhost, and they aren't hiding this, however it is very serious.

Discuss!
      0 Not allowed!

Yup, I also have had an email claiming I owe them $325.06 . However, when checking the balance in the webpanel it says $0 (probably already fixed).

Still, I believe that even if you have automatic payments set they will only bill you at the beginning of each month, right?
      0 Not allowed!

Some claim to have money drawn from their accounts, so I don't know about that. I didn't have my account set to automatic paymets, which I am glad for.

I am very interested to see an explanation of what exactly happened and also an apologize to all customers of Dreamhost.
      0 Not allowed!

I honestly don't need an explanation or apology as I wasn't damaged - only an incorrect e-mail.

People will always make mistakes, including the programs they operate
      0 Not allowed!

lol just read about some "newbies" cancelling their account at Dreamhost to prevent being charged $380.
    (I know it isn't funny but it's quite hilarious from the sideline )

http://www.dreamhoststatus.com/2008/...comment-109963
      0 Not allowed!

I'm glad that I only had paypal with them, they sent out an invoice for my accounts about a year in advance!
    *wipes brow*
    David
    Fused
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dedicational View Post
    I honestly don't need an explanation or apology as I wasn't damaged - only an incorrect e-mail.

People will always make mistakes, including the programs they operate
    Well, if such a thing is "joked away", aka money being drawn from peoples' accounts, Dreamhost will lose parts of their clientel as well as their reputation.

For me I am not looking directly for an apology (I wasn't affected billingwise, just like you), I do want an explanation on what exactly happened though.

EDIT: Clients also seem to have lost affiliate earnings.
    Last edited by Henrik; 01-15-2008 at 10:14 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Dreamhost (Josh) have identified the problem is now sending out emails regarding the issue + fixing all eventual charges (info I got from a Dreamhost employee)
      0 Not allowed!

I have had $288 drawn out of my checking account without a bill or a notice. I am pissed. Does anyone have a number that I can contact them about this?

Thank You,

Jason May
      0 Not allowed!

Interesting, I just read about it on the HostJury blog.

Link:
    http://hostjury.com/blog/view/93/dreamhost-billing

Digg!
      0 Not allowed!

@Pat H Why not digg the original status post? It was unfortunate what happened, but still - what can we do?

@jaymay75 Your money should be returned within 24 hours through an automated script, as I understood both the information coming out the back-channels and the official statusblog post update.
      0 Not allowed!

I am assuming that their panel.dreamhost.com can't be accessed because everybody is trying to check their accounts at the same time?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by anjur View Post
    I am assuming that their panel.dreamhost.com can't be accessed because everybody is trying to check their accounts at the same time?
    Precisely. It probably doesn't hurt that the article is all over digg netting thousands of extra hits. The e-mail that went out this morning to at least a hundred thousand clients probably isn't helping all that much :/

(Ah, thank you for saving my ***, paypal!)
    David
    Fused
      0 Not allowed!

It happens. Even the big companies like sprint and otherwise make mistakes. You take it in stride, bite the bullet, and realize that there are always going to be people who cancel for the littlest issue.
    Ryan G.
    Owner
    Umgardi.ca
      0 Not allowed!

So according to the Dreamhost blog, they've overbilled their clients about 7.5 million dollars in total: Wow.

http://blog.dreamhost.com/2008/01/15/um-whoops/
    David
    Fused
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Related Posts from theWHIR.com