Spry.com - Will NOT help their client

Been a client with Spry for over 2 years. Recently we have been having a lot of disconnects from one of the servers. I have asked them now 3 times to check the hardware and lines to the server. It has been over one week now and they have yet to reply to me telling me when they will do a hardware check.

I am about to cancel and I wanted all to know what type of customer service to expect from www.spry.com .

Looking for another provider in Washington State. I am done with Spry.

Duel Core, 2 gigs of ram, 100 mbs, Linux - 2 - 3000 gigs of bandwidth a month.

Seems your ticket is lost. I know them an they seems to be reputable. I think that you have to give them other chance.
    Anyway call them.
    By the way,
    How long had you been with them the trouble happened?
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998.
    >>Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers and virtual private dedicated servers.
    >>>>Wholly owned multi homed network, servers and facilities.

I have a dedicated server through Spry, have been with them for many years (4? 5?) and am not thrilled with their support, either. Their IP addresses have been in a Spamhaus RBL block for a week now (meaning it's impossible to send mail to hotmail and others).

And I don't mean a single IP- I mean *all* of them. I have yet to get much response from Spry on this.

I can't link to it, but it's SBL62432 at Spamhaus's SBL.

www spamhaus org/sbl/sbl.lasso?query=SBL62432

They are more interested in having us cancel atm, then addressing their faulty server.

No reply at all from them, only reply was I need to sign a cancellation form before I can cancel.

Spry, I want you to fix the server, do you understand?

Quote Originally Posted by Slithius View Post
    Looking for another provider in Washington State. I am done with Spry.

Duel Core, 2 gigs of ram, 100 mbs, Linux - 2 - 3000 gigs of bandwidth a month.
    Softlayer just opened up a DC in Seattle. You might check with them.
    Brett Meadors

I don't think *all* of Spry's IPs are on Spamhaus lists as I still use mine to send email to any service perfectly fine even continuing to right now.

Spry's support has been great for me for the entire time I've been with them > 1 year. You can call them at any time. Why not call and talk to a real person instead of continuing to submit tickets?

I've been calling them on a regular basis.

What is your IP? I can tell you if it's on their list.

I went to http://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/index.lasso and put in my IP and it says (of course I didn't look up XX.XX.XX.XX):

IP Address Lookup
    XX.XX.XX.XX is not listed in the SBL
    XX.XX.XX.XX is not listed in the PBL
    XX.XX.XX.XX is not listed in the XBL

Also , I just called their support number and spoke to a human immediately so I'm not sure why you can't get through.

Slithius -

I am sorry to hear that there have been some difficulties in contacting our support department - I can assure you that we will look at your concerns and take appropriate action.

Please PM me any relevant ticket numbers from your past or present contact with Spry Support (if you did not receive a ticket number when you submitted the incident report, we did not receive it).

We'd like to help.
    Spry Virtual Server/VPS Hosting
    Linux Dedicated Resource Virtual Servers, Virtual Private Servers, WHM / cPanel Licensing
    VPSLink Cheap VPS XEN and OpenVZ
    CentOS, Fedora, Gentoo, Debian, Ubuntu, Slackware, cPanel, DirectAdmin, HostInABox, LAMP, Ruby pre-installed

OK, here's the deal.

Mass disconnects on both servers. Called and spoke with a member of your staff and even ordered 2 more gigs of ram for the outstanding and over inflated price of 800 bucks.

Asked your staff member to look into the mass disconnects. 7 days later, not even a return email concerning the mass disconnects. Not even ram installed emails or thank you or w/e.

I called softlayer and received 2 servers, in 2 hours. Move my clients over and was done.

I emailed inquiry at spry to find out where is my refund for the service that has been little short of horrid only to see it get bounced back. I called your office only to hear the staff member tell me my window for refund was over... ha, good tactic. Bounce emails back so the window for refund expires, nice work.

All in all, my 2 years with spry has been pleasant. The only time I have an issue and I am treated as if I just purchases a no frills vehicle for 10 bucks when I have given Spry almost 14k over 2 years.

Canceled.

I am sorry that we were not able stay synchronized with your expectations in this instance - I have spoken with our billing department to confirm that your RAM order was canceled (prior to installation) and a refund was processed for your last month of service.

We're not happy to lose your business, but I hope that things work out well with your new provider.
    Spry Virtual Server/VPS Hosting
    Linux Dedicated Resource Virtual Servers, Virtual Private Servers, WHM / cPanel Licensing
    VPSLink Cheap VPS XEN and OpenVZ
    CentOS, Fedora, Gentoo, Debian, Ubuntu, Slackware, cPanel, DirectAdmin, HostInABox, LAMP, Ruby pre-installed

* Spry Sucks! Avoid Spry.com after May 2010

Now is 2010, Spry has been sold to an X company, Support has disappeared. Is not bad, is nonresistant! I can't login into my account and the site only show a message "if you signed up before May 2010" to login in the old site. But.. that's impossible because the old site redirects to the new one.. So I can't login, there's no email support address in the hole site.. I'm afraid anytime my server can fail and there won't be any chance to recover.. What a terrible situation! Avoid Spry.com It was great before 2010, now is a fraudulent company!

Sorry to hear your bad experience. Good luck hosting with Softlayer!

Spry has gotten progressively worse through the years. I've had accounts with them for about a decade now. In the last few years, I've been moving clients from them and never adding clients to them. At this point, I only have one client with them, plus one of my own domains that I've just been dreading migrating because of its complexities. Plus, someone else is paying for the VPS.

But, ugh, just ugh. Haven't touched the server in a while, primarily using it for email and an archival site that I don't care much about. Now all of a sudden I'm having major email problems. Put in a ticket which wasn't replied to in 5 hours. So I called, having been email-less on my personal account all day. They basically say that it's a server-based problem, but my problem, and I have to fix it and leave it at that.

I agree. Spry sucks. I've been so much happier with clients I've switched to people like Knownhost. Much faster servers with much better support.