Confused about VMWare's Networking

I have two servers with SL- both running Windows with two NICs for Private and Public Interfaces.

What I want to do is keep the first server Internal only, so basically, just disable the Public Network interface in Windows. On this Server, I want to create a VM that can network with the server as well as the second server and any VMs on that second server.

The second server will have both the Public and Private Interfaces enabled. On this server, I will have two VMs and both of these VMs should be able to access both the host PCs, each other, as well as the VM on the first server. Additionally,t These two VMs should also be able to access the Internet.

What would be the best way of going about this configuration.

Right now, I've just started and on the first server, created a VM using a bridged connection to the Private Network. I've give the VM an IP address in the same range as the host PC that is part of the block that SL has reserved for me. However, I cannot ping the host PC from the VM and vice versa. Firewall is disabled on the VM at the moment so I know that is not the issue.

Thanks

If you use NAT for each virtual os it will find the correct settings automagically.

But will the VMs be able to communicate with other VMs their host pc, the second host pc and the VMs in the second host pc?