Problems when cancelling unwanted hosting account on Godaddy

A couple of month ago I cancelled ONE hosting account on my Godaddy.com account and Godaddy cancelled another hosting account that I didn't choose and wanted to keep. Unfortunately, I was making money off that site and didn't have it backed up. Has anyone else experienced this?

Sounds like an honest mistake on their part. You can check the wayback machine at archive.org to see if you can find a version of your site. Good luck!
    Cpanel Hosting - Fast , Reliable, Stable, Secure - Since 1996
    CPanel/WHM Fantastico RVSkin Dual Quad Core Servers Raid 10 24x7 Toll-Free Phone Support

Quote Originally Posted by gregdavidson View Post
    A couple of month ago I cancelled ONE hosting account on my Godaddy.com account and Godaddy cancelled another hosting account that I didn't choose and wanted to keep. Unfortunately, I was making money off that site and didn't have it backed up. Has anyone else experienced this?
    Can only blame ya self on that one.
    hosted by HawkHost
    I Recommend: LimeStone Networks!
    The OverSeller Defender!

Some of web hosting companies write terms of data storing in their TOS.
    Any way try to call them. because your data might kept and you can't see it under your account.
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998.
    >>Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers and virtual private dedicated servers.
    >>>>Wholly owned multi homed network, servers and facilities.

Some hosting companies keep the data. So you better contact them somehow.

- Daniel
    Managed & Unmanaged SSD VPS's by tmzVPS.com | FAST PURE SSD & HDD Plans!
    █ Locations in USA & United Kingdom - Legal Adult Content Allowed! 24/7 Certified Support.
    cPanel/WHM Included | Premium Softaculous | Data Migration Included with Managed Support.
    █ INSTANT SETUP | Paypal, Skrill, 2checkout, BitCoin & all Major Credit Cards Accepted! Skype: tmzvps.chat

It sounds like you should contact them for this directly. If they don't have your backup; then the answer would be no..

If you have designer to work on your site before, you might want to try contacting your designer. they usually keep backup for their works.

good luck
    ResellerTemple.Com & CsIdea.US
    Marketing & Design & Programming for Competitive Price!

This happened a while back so I'm not too worried about it. Just wanted to see if anyone else had that problem. This has actually happened to me TWICE.