Question Bandwidth Question

my current dedicated server provider is managemybox.com.

They offer a 10mbit connection for $150/month.

I run a vbulletin community with a lot of attachments (about 2GB's worth) that are downloaded hundreds to thousands a times a day.

I currently rent a P4 2.8 with 2048MB of ram and my vbulletin TOP stats can go anywhere from a load of 3 to 128. THATS A HIGH LOAD! lol.

So here's my question. Im paying $230for the server and the connection right now. Im goign to upgrade to a much better server to accomodate more users online at once, as well as the growing need of course.

My vbulletin site can have anywheres from 200 - 2000 users online at once. Of course my current server conks out at about 1200 users online at once.

When I upgrade to the new server, is there a need ot keep that 10mbit conenction? Do I need it? I asked over at vbulletin.com and they wern't sure, and pointed out that I should come here and ask the experts

Thanks in advance. And of course, as I am a new member, I will help out some others in return!!!

When I upgrade to the new server, is there a need ot keep that 10mbit conenction? Do I need it?
    How much traffic you get isn't necessarily indicative of your bandwidth - do you have any bandwidth graphs from managemybox? If not, I'd recommend installing SNMP and MRTG or Cacti while you still have that server so that you can get an idea of the bandwidth you're using.

Great idea! Yes I do have MRTG graphs but they havent worked since I did the 10mbit upgrade. I just contacted them to re-instate the grpahs. I dont really understand them, but I can post a screen shot maybe?

Thanks avythe!

I dont really understand them, but I can post a screen shot maybe?
    Sure, post a screenshot once they're reinstated and we'll help you figure out what your requirements are in that area.

They had an issue with the graphs. I should re-gain access to them this evening. But then I will have to wait a day or two at least to get some accurate results. Once I have some data, I'll post a screen shot of my graphs.

Thanks again!

The speed of the connection is small for that amount of users. You should clearly upgrade to a 100 mbit connection.

Also do you have the downloadable files on the same server as the forum?
    Cheapest Multiple C Class IP Hosting