Is lunarpages any good

ok im a noob at web hosting so im needing some help... is lunarpages a fairly good and slightly easy hosting site that i will be able to trust

Hi - and welcome to WHT!

There is no simple answer to your question, although they have a lot of customers (I was one, a long time ago) I know there are betters hosts out there if you don't need 15000GB of bandwidth and enough storage to host billions of pictures. Basically it comes down to what needs you have. If you share that with us maybe the community can help you.
    Regarding the trust question; I guess you can trust them as much as you can trust any other hosting business.
    Last edited by mrbister; 01-14-2008 at 04:09 PM. Reason: forgot to wish him welcomed to wht
    -Mr Bister

my magic crystal ball tells me that the search function will be able to help answer your question.

if you have questions about feedback for specific hosts in the future, it's a lot easier and quicker for yourself to use the search function here, google and hosting review sites such as hostjury and webhostingstuff.

a lot of people who post reviews here remain active (or regularly visit) while their review is receiving replies. those who do stick around will generally provide limited/not helpful info in the form of one or two line posts (re: they are great. or they suck.) there are a few (and far between) exceptions to this rule.

Quote Originally Posted by dwrunyon View Post
    Not Found

The requested URL /5464562323.htm was not found on this server.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Apache/1.3.39 Server at ....

There is no traffic stealing going on on 404 Not Found pages ...

If your truly a newbie, then I suggest you go with a smaller host.
    Maybe PrecesionEffect or DownTownHost.
    hosted by HawkHost
    I Recommend: LimeStone Networks!
    The OverSeller Defender!

Quote Originally Posted by bobitza View Post
    Thanks to that thread (linked in my above post), and this blog post.

LunarPages Is OK

I have my domain artkillswar. org hosted at LunarPages.

Here are some quick pros and cons.

Pros:
    -Generous storage and bandwidth
    -Good implementation of CPanel
    -Reasonably quick servers
    -Switch b/t PHP4 and PHP5
    -Telephone support (certain hours), Lunardesk email support

Cons:
    -Usually have to fill out 5-10 tickets to take care of an issue
    -Some issues are support issues and can be handled quickly while some issues are datacenter issues which take a long time to fix
    -Don't really upgrade existing servers often. For example, to get to a server that offered PHP4&5 I had to fill out a support ticket and request to be moved to a new server

Hope that gives you some insight. I think they are about a 2 or 3 out of 5 (best).

As another poster mentioned, Downtownhost seems really good, too.

Cheers,
    Adam

thanks alot that was the kind of information that i was looking for

Quote Originally Posted by bobitza View Post
    Not Found

The requested URL /5464562323.htm was not found on this server.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Apache/1.3.39 Server at ....

Not Anymore.. but it was there, honestly, I never understood why people were so severe with LP and not with Hostgator which continue doing it.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

They are starting to get over loaded with customers which only leads to slow support and you just becoming a small fish in a school of fish.