Thread: hawkhost signup

hawkhost signup

Hawkhost doesn't seem to provide option to sign up without domain name. Maybe I've overlooked. Does anyone know how to begin service and add domain name later or is it a requirement to begin service with one.

They should be able to set you up with either a temporary address or attach a subdomain off of their main domain name to setup the account with. It is probably not offered possibly due to the limitations of their management software configuration or it is not enabled because a majority of the signups would have their own domain name.

I am sure if you contact them either through their helpdesk or email and let them know what you are trying to do they should be able to accomodate you.
    Blue Bell Web Hosting, LLC
    600 W Germantown Pike Suite 400; Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462

Like Us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bluebellwebhosting

Most hosting companies will need a valid domain name to get started. This can be also a part of their fraud checking too.
    Any way, contact them and ask whether you can signup with them without a domainname.
    By the way, I wonder, why you need a hosting without a valid domain?
    iHubNet Ltd - Premium Hosting Solutions 4 ALL
    Solid Support Solid Equipment Solid Network
    Shared Hosting / Reseller Hosting / Managed Server
    Matt A.

Quote Originally Posted by iHubNet-Matt View Post
    Most hosting companies will need a valid domain name to get started. This can be also a part of their fraud checking too.
    Any way, contact them and ask whether you can signup with them without a domainname.
    By the way, I wonder, why you need a hosting without a valid domain?
    I've started service without domain names in the past. I let my domain names expire as I haven't been doing webwork in a while. I was going to get everything setup and decide on domain names later. But, I can certainly understand the fraud issue that you brought up. I hadn't thought of that. By the way, do you guys recommend hawkhosting? Are there any limitations that you know about. Pair is a great host, but they are expensive.

I think they have live chat support. Contact them and see if they can do anything about it.

- Daniel
    Managed & Unmanaged SSD VPS's by tmzVPS.com | FAST PURE SSD & HDD Plans!
    █ Locations in USA & United Kingdom - Legal Adult Content Allowed! 24/7 Certified Support.
    cPanel/WHM Included | Premium Softaculous | Data Migration Included with Managed Support.
    █ INSTANT SETUP | Paypal, Skrill, 2checkout, BitCoin & all Major Credit Cards Accepted! Skype: tmzvps.chat

i can recommend hawkhost. their support excellent and is usually on and when they are u don't really have to wait more than 30 sec before u get to talk with them. i don't think they have any download limits.

Quote Originally Posted by djacks89 View Post
    Hawkhost doesn't seem to provide option to sign up without domain name. Maybe I've overlooked. Does anyone know how to begin service and add domain name later or is it a requirement to begin service with one.
    I'm a few days late on this one. But to answer your question you can simply put in myname.hawkhost.com in the field when you select update name servers. This will get around the domain requirement we have when signing up for hosting.

This could have also been answered through our live chat on our website or even an email to sales which I imagine you actually did as I did a search on chats and tickets and found someone asking about this very thing.
    Tony B. - Chief Executive Officer
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly serving websites since 2004
    Quality Shared and VPS Hosting
    PHP 5.3.x & PHP 5.4.x & PHP 5.5.X & PHP 5.6.X & PHP 7.0.X Support!

Do you have any promo codes? I am thinking about processing order with domain registration immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by djacks89 View Post
    Do you have any promo codes? I am thinking about processing order with domain registration immediately.
    Your best bet for coupons is to use the Shared Hosting Offers Forum or maybe http://couponsnexus.com/. In both cases just search for the host you're looking for coupons for. Or I imagine even a google search will bring up various hosting coupons.
    Tony B. - Chief Executive Officer
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly serving websites since 2004
    Quality Shared and VPS Hosting
    PHP 5.3.x & PHP 5.4.x & PHP 5.5.X & PHP 5.6.X & PHP 7.0.X Support!

hawkhost.com/blog -> promotions

Thank you!