Hivelocity server delay

I ordered a server and told it would be up that night now 3 days later and still no server.. I ask for explanation they said "A power failure this morning caused delays" but the server was meant to be online 2 days prior to this. Back on support again... "Can I get a ETA"... Wait 35 minutes for a response "We cant give you an ETA" now back asking again and still no reply I highly suggest you never get a server with them.

It depends, as any extras you order for your server can delay the delivery of the server, including control panel software and such.

No extras. Base server I know for a fact it doesn't take this long the only reason I'm getting it, is due to the latency from our AU boxes to US clients and I built our AU box.

power failure mean in datacenter? any way if there treat new customer, how hard will be for existing customer to get support

Yeh in the data centre.. Im having second thoughts on why I done it now

Quote Originally Posted by lidd3r View Post
    I ordered a server and told it would be up that night now 3 days later and still no server.. I ask for explanation they said "A power failure this morning caused delays" but the server was meant to be online 2 days prior to this. Back on support again... "Can I get a ETA"... Wait 35 minutes for a response "We cant give you an ETA" now back asking again and still no reply I highly suggest you never get a server with them.
    Well this is the first time I've heard someone call a company a "noob", but there always is a first for everything I suppose. Sometimes the staff that sets a server up only works monday to friday, and their setup time is one billing day, so if you order the server at 11 pm on a friday, by around 11 pm monday it should be online. Your details of the incident are quite vague, but their colo providers where they have some extra racks and power from did have an outage this weekend, so they aren't lying to you...
    Looking for Work level 1-3 Support Tech, Sales/billing tech, Odd management Jobs, and PHP/Mysql small jobs.
    PM me or drop me an email at mm(AT)gotannex(dot)com
    http://monitor.gotannex.com/

I ordered a server and told it would be up that night now 3 days later and still no server.. I ask for explanation they said "A power failure this morning caused delays" but the server was meant to be online 2 days prior nfoto this. Back on support again... "Can I get a ETA"... Wait 35 minutes for a response "We cant give you an ETA" now back asking again and still no reply I highly suggest you never get a server with them.

Please PM me your account info , we do not normally even install new servers over the weekend , so if you were told that it would be up over the weekend I would like to look into it.
    Ceridius Networks Sales
    Email/MSN [email protected]
    Ceridius Networks - Reseller of Hivelocity Hosting
    Network Speed Test

I will be on support tomorrow as I cant send private messages.

why wait till tomorrow , you can always open a ticket with our support dept or open a live chat right on our site?

If your complaining about a delay why would you keep waiting?
    Ceridius Networks Sales
    Email/MSN [email protected]
    Ceridius Networks - Reseller of Hivelocity Hosting
    Network Speed Test

Gotta backup Hivelocity on this one, I got my server just before 12 PM Friday, 4 hours after I paid and sent the Verification. Server has had 100% uptime till now.

Because it was 10:30pm and I had to be up at 5am.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjørn-Erik Hansen View Post
    Gotta backup Hivelocity on this one, I got my server just before 12 PM Friday, 4 hours after I paid and sent the Verification. Server has had 100% uptime till now.

I ordered mine on a Friday it was online tuesday but I had to wait on a new hdd controller due to an os conflict. Other then that its been great. 100% up time also.

Well they cant even give me a explanation as to why there is delays..

Well they cant even give me a explanation as to why there is delays..
    Please email me your name and I will reply with an explanation as to why there is a delay. Of all the servers ordered Friday, only 1 is not online yet so I think I already know who you are. However, I have emailed that person several times today and over the weekend explaining the situation which leaves me confused. Please email me directly at the address below so we can start a correspondence. FYI, the one server ordered Friday that is not yet online will be online tonight.
    Steve Eschweiler- Hivelocity- Director of Operations
    Bare Metal Servers. Colocation. Private Cloud.
    Customers in over 130 countries. Privately owned and operated data centers.
    Limited Supply Outlet Server Specials

Contact your account manager on this.

As I stated to Drew if you provided us with a temp solution this would never of been an issue. Lets see if you have some more delays... What next a gremlin was in my case?

It is my understanding your server is online as of last night. Please contact me or Drew should you need anything more. I am very sorry for the delay. It is a moot point at this stage of the game but I did email you over the weekend, replied to you in our Hivelocity forum over the weekend and emailed you several times yesterday trying to explain the situation. I never got a response on any of those attempts. This being said, I am happy we have you online now and I hope things go much smoother from this point on. We are very glad to have you as a customer.
    Steve Eschweiler- Hivelocity- Director of Operations
    Bare Metal Servers. Colocation. Private Cloud.
    Customers in over 130 countries. Privately owned and operated data centers.
    Limited Supply Outlet Server Specials

As I stated to Drew the emails sent never arrived I checked all our Spam Filters & Mail Server log's it has now been sorted and the box is up and performing how we need it.

1 comment on a good side I do have is.
    I must say that postintall shell scripts you guys run is a smart idea