Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Need a cost effective template - IMMEDIATELY

Thanks to everyone who posted. I decided to close this thread now as I was helped out by Aplusmedia. Give them a try you won't be sorry!

Thanks,

Sam C
    Last edited by eyow; 08-12-2002 at 03:35 PM.

You want to impress your client with a template - Dreamweaver of all things - that cost $40 max to make?

Yeah pretty embarassed for asking but I can always do it myself, and make sure that the client is TOTALLY put off. $10-$40 from a professional designer would be better than anything my partner or I can do...

But yes I'm embarassed about asking about that now. Just really bad budgeting on our parts. Client wanted to talk to us Monday, but at this time, both of us called, neither of our credit card payments have cleared the bank yet. That is about the amount I have left on the CC so it is embarassing

But the family needs to eat and they do need a roof over their heads, and that is more important to us, since we both have full time jobs @ the same company, than REALLY "impressing" the client this time around.

Heck he was impressed with the simple web layout my partner created.

But this is how embarassed I am since I'm rationalizing my whole "cheap" feeling on this post back

Sam C

Hello,
    I have some inexpensive templates currently on sale which you can view at http://www.epixelmedia.com/templates

Regards,
    Jeff @ ePixel Media.

BUT - a lot of butts in this thread - noone in their right mind would do it for that much.

Be glad you haven't posted your biz domain or you'd be made fun of.

LOL

I hope you don't expect to dazzle your client with that - unless he's in some 3rd world country

Hey, be nice. What would you do if you aren't the best webdesigner and have little cash? I think what he is doing is respectable. Instead of having no site to show a client he wants something. And by the look's of http://www.epixelmedia.com/templates/ ... then... he wouldn't be making a bad choice.

Sam,

You won't get much for $40 in terms of quality here. Your best bet is to search around at the sites that produce web page templates that resell them infinetly. While there might be others out there using the same template - the chance of coming across one is probably very slim; assuming you're doing all local stuff. After you get some business, you can then afford to buy a one-of-a-kind template/ web site from a professional designer.
    Modest Mouse Talk

noone in their right mind would do it for that much.

Be glad you haven't posted your biz domain or you'd be made fun of
    Then that would be fine. I was taught it would never hurt to ask. If anyone has any premade templates that would be fine as well, not asking for a work from scratch. And I do apologize if I have offended any of the artist on the forum.

Did a couple of searches before posting and others have posted templates in that price range (much to my chagrin most of them have been sold )

But you are right hopefully when payment reaches the CC comp. I can invest in a more unique design as that is what my partner and I want, and I am aiming for, but for now something that would at least show our client we "have something" would be nice.

Sam C

noone in their right mind would do it for that much.

Be glad you haven't posted your biz domain or you'd be made fun of
    Last edited by eyow; 08-10-2002 at 11:19 PM.

Originally posted by phpcoder
    Hey, be nice. What would you do if you aren't the best webdesigner and have little cash? I think what he is doing is respectable. Instead of having no site to show a client he wants something. And by the look's of http://www.epixelmedia.com/templates/ ... then... he wouldn't be making a bad choice.
    Thanks for the heads up VIPE that is what I wanted to know. I know time is not cheap and everyone needs to make a living. I do apologize for the disturbance and hope everyone understands. Also thanks to Jeff-RD for offering something as that is all we really need (can afford) at this point.

Sam C

Originally posted by phpcoder
    Oh I am so touched. Are you seriously saying that we should cater for the cyber-poor?

Sorry but I find that to be an insult to my intelligence.

ePixel I hope you get paid that much even; a newbie and beggar at the same time...hmmmm bad bad bad signs there.

Sam C, Ill whip you up a basic php template and logo, contact form with counter system for 50.

Contact me at samuel@devimg.com

If you are using a PHP/MySQL capable server I can have it running within 3 hours.

samuel@devimg.com
    dotGig
    <:<: [Fruit eating linux administrator]

Originally posted by timechange

Oh I am so touched. Are you seriously saying that we should cater for the cyber-poor?

Sorry but I find that to be an insult to my intelligence.

ePixel I hope you get paid that much even; a newbie and beggar at the same time...hmmmm bad bad bad signs there.
    No, but then again he didn't ask for a complete custom webdesign did he? He asked for templates... and I have seen MANY templates that are amazing for under 40.00 online.

And he clearly stated that he was having issues with his credit card. That doesn't make him poor?

I would really like to you guys to get over yourselves and bitch somewhere else and leave this guy's thread alone.

He is just offering something, you don;'t like it take it to another thread.
    dotGig

Originally posted by Samuel
    I would really like to you guys to get over yourselves and bitch somewhere else and leave this guy's thread alone.

He is just offering something, you don;'t like it take it to another thread.
    Who died and made you a mod? When a post is so outrageous in its demands you think I won't post my thoughts?

I hope you find a template ,

I would make you one but I don't have dreamweaver, anyway good luck in finding a template

Timechange, your thoughts is not what I am talking about, your fighting with others IS what Im talking about.
    dotGig

Samuel - nice sword

Now, in a thread there will be arguments. It's not like someone posts and walks off, there is conversing going on.

I would like to refer you to some other thread where we were discussing the deteriorating fees for logo, graphic and web design because of the shamelessness of some that charge peanuts.

Very True!

BTW, could you show me where he asked for a custom logo/web design?

I remember him asking for a template... big difference

Eyow, they are interested in trashing your offer, if you need help I will, if you are taken care of good luck.
    dotGig

Thanks to everyone who is very understanding of the matter. Timechange is right that people should, and will, post their thoughts. If that is how he feels that is how he feels, as long as no personal attacks are made than I never take offense. I feel bad, but oh well what am I supposed to do - cry?

But I do so much enjoy and appreciate all the people who are more understanding such as <b>Samuel</b> and <b>phpcoder</b>. Thanks guys. I just don't want the thread to degrade to a flame war, and as I said before if my post threatens or insults you in anyway I do apologize.

Sam C

Originally posted by timechange

Who died and made you a mod? When a post is so outrageous in its demands you think I won't post my thoughts?
    hrmm, 40 bucks for a simple dreamweaver template is actually high..

You must have misunderstood what the offer was.

But then there seems to be a misonception on this board that template means an entire layout. Ive seen it before, actually constantly.

Template - Reproducable code, no images.
    Layout - Entire Webpage, images and basic code.

This is how I quote projects, database projects, add on functions all priced seperately.

It's true people get what they pay for.
    dotGig

templates

The templates offered by epixel are real good for their price.

And hope eyow finds what he is looking for.

A note to the pessimists:

eyow can afford only what his budget is and he WILL get what he wants irrespective of your comments.

Yeah enough time wasted on this thread; let me unsub.

eyow, maybe I can help you out with a design for $40, if you havent got an offer yet, PM me.
    Banner Design - Professional Designs - 24hr Turn-Around Guaranteed - 20DollarBanners.com

Online Photo Editor
    Retouch or Add effects to your photos with 1 click

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast