Dedicated server on my hand

I have a 1u Dual AMD Opteron 248 with 2GB of RAM that I'm trying to sell. My brother gave this to me to use at the office, however, I have no use for this.

It has a 120 GB harddrive and a floppy drive.

How much would can I sell this for online? I'm not familier with dedicated servers.

Check ebay for similar listings but if I were to guess, I'd say $250-400 max.
    ServerTag Technologies - Everything you need for hosting activity
    A Canadian company providing top notch site hosting, servers and colocation services

Hmm I was looking for a little bit more than that. Maybe its worth just keeping at my house.

$250 is so little. Thats not a monthly price is it?

No it is one time buyout fee. I'm assuming it's used. The CPU itself costs $250-300 each. I may be wrong so you might just get more for it. You never know.
    ServerTag Technologies - Everything you need for hosting activity
    A Canadian company providing top notch site hosting, servers and colocation services

Quote Originally Posted by Mike285 View Post
    Hmm I was looking for a little bit more than that. Maybe its worth just keeping at my house.

$250 is so little. Thats not a monthly price is it?
    If you sell it and ship it away and not to colo then you wont get paid monthly
    Pretty good let if go for high xxx
    Last edited by chrismo; 01-13-2008 at 09:32 PM.

That's the thing, I dont want to sell it monthly. I just want to give everything away.

The dedicated server has everything. I just don't knwo the specs. It runs and everything is fairly new. It has the cpu powerupply cd rom and everything

Quote Originally Posted by Mike285 View Post
    That's the thing, I dont want to sell it monthly. I just want to give everything away.

The dedicated server has everything. I just don't knwo the specs. It runs and everything is fairly new. It has the cpu powerupply cd rom and everything
    Look around at other sites that sell the similiar and see what they price it per month and multiply that by a year or a little less. that will give you a really rough estimate
    Thats how people estimate a sites selling price
    adsense, or other ads earnings X months = price of site
    Last edited by chrismo; 01-13-2008 at 09:44 PM.

Ok thanks a lot. You have been great help.
    Last edited by Mike285; 01-13-2008 at 09:54 PM.