Graphical Error, Vista

Hi have been posting on many forums about this problem and i saw this catorgory and thought i would try my luck here.

I have this problem with my brand new PC. Every time i open a full screen application, like a game (Battlefield 2142 for instance) my screen will go black for a couple of seconds, then come back all scrambled. It looks like coloured diagnol lines going from top left to bottom right with colours from the game. I can still here the game music and the diagonal lines move with the animations of the adverts at the begining of the games.

I have

AMD 4200
    Asus M2N SLI Deluxe socket AM2
    Gainward Nvidia 7950 256mb
    2gb XMS Corsair ram

Any ideas?
    Many thanks
    Steve

Sounds like a bad video card.
    Next-Generation Game Servers- www.NextGenServers.com - Play On. Fast, Reliable, Low ping, No Lag, full support servers. Providing Professional, Low Cost, but effective services to gamers like you. Providing the nextgen of gaming services.

Bad video card or bad drivers. Try downloading and reinstalling the video drivers.
    "Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." - Thomas Paine

KK i have updated drivers and tested, still the same problem. I will probably order another video card then *Sigh* lol

Many Thanks
    Steve

Try to update your video card. If not working, uninstall any driver you've installed and use Windows Update to install your card.
    If still doesn't works grab another card.