I need your criticts

Good afternoon all,

Id like to get your expert critics about our current website forums

http://ps3center.net/forums/

There is something about the forums that turn me off but i cant seem to pinpoint it.
    I was thinking of a different color but I really want to stick with the colors of the site.

Thanks for your time

I think its the color, it feels slightly dark and depressing. I don't like the brown to black table backgrounds. Other than that, I quite like it

EDIT: just noticed one thing, your main site is very nice, but sooooo similar to ign.com
    Afterburst - the best unmetered VPS - read why here!

hey thanks for the critics, yes the front page does look alot like ign. Most gaming sites now a days all look the same. They werent copied, its just the most suitable layout for gaming sites. Anyhow we are about to release a new concept for the main page within the next year which will be very interesting.

The brown to black on the forums is to make an illusion that it is 3dish. I guess it doesnt work. I will see to change that to something more. And yes the colors are very depressing. What would you recommend as for color schemes ?

It is the gradient colums in both sides.
    Get rid of them, and put a light grey on the background like #CCCCCC or #999999
    DigiPun.ch
    An Awesome Digital Punch Clock
    Release date: October 1st

The page is too "two-colored". Dark blue and white... Background is dark blue, all texts and links are white. That makes it ugly.

I can design you a new concept with some metallic effects but you should wait tomorrow
    Fraud Record - Stop Fraud Clients, Report Abusive Customers.
    █ Combine your efforts to fight misbehaving clients.

HarzemDesign - Highest quality, well designed and carefully coded hosting designs. Not cheap though.
    █ Large and awesome portfolio, just visit and see!

top and bottom ADs seem to be the only focus of this forum..
    are you sure that is what you want to do?
    ResellerTemple.Com & CsIdea.US
    Marketing & Design & Programming for Competitive Price!

I don't mind the color scheme but the header seems crowded...try to clean the header area up maybe? goodluck!

Get rid of the giant header and gradients on both left and right sides. Make your gradients grey-black and not brown-black. Make the category headers stand out a bit more. De-clog the footer. Then you should be left with a nice forum

PS: Adverts in forums altogether annoy me. They just don't fit in on the top and bottom, left or right.

too much black on this site, and not well distributed, also there is a pop up window that gets blocked by my browser every time I visit your website, it makes me feel uncomfortable and risky