New York, NY

Smile bqpanel server control panel - closed beta

BQ Internet Corporation is soon beginning a closed beta of a control panel suite we have been developing. We are looking for about 20 web hosting companies to participate in this closed beta. In return, we can offer a free license for version 1.0.

Not impressed with current control panels on the market, we have been developing an interactive, web-based control panel for the administration of web servers and web hosting accounts. The first phase of release is our closed beta program. An open beta should follow.

If you are interested in participating in this beta program, drop an email to [email protected].

* PHP-based front-end
    * Perl/C-based back-end
    * Ability to add users to the system, and to assign domains, reseller accounts, and virtual server accounts, all with their own access to the control panel
    * Ability to configure various services, such as HTTP (Apache), SSL, FTP, SSH, Telnet, POP3, IMAP, SMTP, and DNS
    * Ability to set resource limits, including CPU time limits, for various types of users
    * Generate disk and bandwidth usage reports
    * Install control panel on managed servers, and link them all in from a centralized control panel
    * Have the control panel automatically suspend accounts of suspicious users
    * Internationalization of front-end interface
    * Download themes or create custom themes for front-end interface
    * Modular design to allow 3rd-party and custom plug-in modules

Your EMail aint working

Are you planning on charging for this once its completed?
    Have any plans for a website redesign?

New York, NY
    Thanks for reminding us that an alias hadn't been created yet for the email address.

We plan on releasing a single-domain version for free, and an unlimited-domain version for a per-CPU fee. Right now we're considering charging anywhere between $15-20 per month (12 payments) per physical server.

Yes, we are planning a redesign of our website. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

Dayton, Ohio
    I wouldn't feel good about putting a beta panel on a production box with customers...

Is that a must? I'd be willing to possibly beta it, but not put my customers at risk
    -Mat Sumpter
    Director, Product Engagement
    Penton Media

London, UK
    I feel the same as above, I would be more than happy to beta test this panel - Im currently looking for control panel software.. but i dont really want to risk live customer sites.
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK | US | Since 1998.