Thumbs up Pixelotto winner is from Kenya

http://pixelotto.com/
    Jan 11, 2007

Congratulations to:

K.Moguche, Kenya

who is the winner of Pixelotto and receives $153,000

Some people think its a fake winner:
    http://blog.pixelottoreport.com/2008...pixelotto.html

Sucks if you advertised there. One of the times you'll get most exposure is now after the winner has been announced. All thats there is a cover page.

I'd like to know who independantly verified the draw.
    ...loading

They make a good pt it could be a fake winner.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

Wasn't this the kid that did that milliondollarhomepage thingie?
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!

Yes, it is. Clearly didn't manage quite the same success second time round though.
    Steve

Oh well, all good things . . .

hmm

How many people do you know in Kenya who have daily access to the internet and have a computer?

that was posted on the blog...along with other things lol

http://blog.pixelottoreport.com/2008...pixelotto.html

owm
    ()
    Life's what you make it.

I wish they would post more info and/or the winner's photo to clear up any suspicions. The charity is identified by only 3 letters (TBC). Any one know what that is?

Terms & conditions: http://www.pixelotto.com/tcs

TBC means "To Be Confirmed"
    Steve

Too many ignorant people around.

What is the winner is from Kenya,the country is with a PPP of $1,200, that's much higher than other third world countries.

I can't see when people becomes successful, why not be happy for them instead of trying to find things to hurt them.

Peace,
    Testing 1.. Testing 1..2.. Testing 1..2..3...

yeah...by the sound of that blog, it seems they expect Kenyans to be still living in mud huts.

owm
    ()
    Life's what you make it.

My 30x30 ad block on MillionDollarHomepage still brings in traffic. Search for the large white "A" at the top right

Shame the Pixelotto never took off though. They were projecting a $1 million payout.

I didn't think individuals could run lotteries, even on the interwebs, legally speaking, without the proper licensing from the government. I would have liked to have seen some 3rd party intervention for the draw and confirmation of the winner. Individuals running a lottery, and choosing the winner themselves, doesn't leave much room for transparency.

It's clear the project didn't reach the level of success as the milliondollarhomepage because the media didn't promote the pixel lottery like they did the milliondollarhomepage. I'd say they didn't promote it because it raised serious legal issues about running an online lottery.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bob View Post
    I'd say they didn't promote it because it raised serious legal issues about running an online lottery.
    That, and the fact that it was no longer a new idea. Alex wrote many times on his blog that he was surprised at the amount of people copying the idea and he said they would never make any money and the press would never write about them because it was no longer a new concept. Then he came out with Pixelotto, which was a copy of his initial idea and one that would never make it's marketed goal.

Of course, Alex succeeded. He made himself a nice six figure amount from Pixelotto by setting up a Web site, sending out a press release and spending a couple hours each day dealing with emails and orders. That sounds like a success to me.

His seven figure goal that he marketed was obviously marketing and nothing more. I would be very surprised if he ever expected to make that amount. But if he could make others believe they could win a seven figure amount, then you are on your way to a successful project.
    - Jamie Harrop

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bob View Post
    I would have liked to have seen some 3rd party intervention for the draw and confirmation of the winner. Individuals running a lottery, and choosing the winner themselves, doesn't leave much room for transparency.
    That's why when I ran a lottery for my website, I used the government lottery results. There are so many giveaways on the net that we don't know if it's for real. An iPod for hosting?

i see a lot of "wanna be's" of these MillionDollarHomepag sites...
    where is the original?
    Who is this infamous HTML i keep hearing of, is she cute?