Angry Spam from a WHT User

I don’t want to seem over the top about this but I just checked my email and got this:
    This is a message from GIC at WebHostingTalk Forums (http://www.webhostingtalk.com/index.php). The WebHostingTalk Forums owners cannot accept any responsibility for the contents of the email.

To email GIC, you can use this online form:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/member...m&userid=17553

OR, by email:
    mailto:[email protected]

This is the message:

Are you looking for a new hosting company? Please check us out. www.getitconnected.net
    If I want hosting I would post in the Request forum, I do classify this as SPAM!

Anybody else receive this Email?:
      0 Not allowed!

I didn't get it but I don't think your being in the least over the top, I heard somewhere that 80% of mail sent to hotmail users is spam (I think ms did the survey) its a plague that is threating to ruin the meduim as a viable form of communication, for example at a friends work where I help out on saturday (not hosting related) we get around 450 spams a week, because of this we ask important messages to be sent by fax or phoned through, this is because of the fear that they will be lost amongst the spam.

The user GIC has only posted three times each time offering very cheap hosting (6 gigs for $2.99/month) and I can assume is only here to sell and not positivly contribute the the board.
      0 Not allowed!

You should report spam to the moderators here.
    The email link is at the bottom of every page.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.
      0 Not allowed!

Ya, I get spam too once in awhile, the last one I got was great, they were trying to push a new design on me, and they said something bout how a new design can incresse my sales. I dont even sell anything

What suprised me most was they started it with "hello david", so they atleast made an effort, but its still funny they didnt even go to the site/
    Chicago Electronic Cigarettes: Tobacco Free, Smoke Free. 3 E-Cig Models, 11 flavors, and accessories.
    http://www.chicago-ecigs.com
      0 Not allowed!

Like SWR said, you should report the offending member to the moderators so they can take the appropriate actions.
    Jay » [email protected] • AIM » FDrive Support
    Front Drive™ » Advanced multi-domain solutions
    http://www.frontdrive.com/
      0 Not allowed!

It's sick, you wonder how these people stay in business.
    Kevin L. - WiseOnline Solutions
    Under New Management
    AIM: WiseSupportKev
      0 Not allowed!

Re: Spam from a WHT User

Originally posted by imitech
    I don’t want to seem over the top about this but I just checked my email and got this:

If I want hosting I would post in the Request forum, I do classify this as SPAM!

Anybody else receive this Email?:

I really want to appologize for this. My business partner was sending those out before I told him to stop. I would like to appologize to anyone who received one of those. Sooo sorry again.

Sincerely,
    Jesse Middleton
      0 Not allowed!

Doesn't look like good business practices.
    Kevin L. - WiseOnline Solutions
    Under New Management
    AIM: WiseSupportKev
      0 Not allowed!

you need a new partner
    www.rackfive.com
    Aquired by Data Provider LLC.
      0 Not allowed!

Hello,

A business partner may boost your sales and reputation and also in the other way.

Wish you lots of luck with your new business.
    Amir Golestan
    Executive Director | Micfo
    delivering the divine hosting experience™ | AS53889
    www.micfo.com
      0 Not allowed!

Re: Re: Spam from a WHT User

Originally posted by GIC

I really want to appologize for this. My business partner was sending those out before I told him to stop. I would like to appologize to anyone who received one of those. Sooo sorry again.

Sincerely,
    Jesse Middleton
    Another 16 years old CEO... Hopefully longer lasting than others...
      0 Not allowed!

can you be called CEO just with a small hosting company?
    www.rackfive.com
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by phugo
    This is from their web site... Now, I really wouldn't know if there are any restrictions on use of this title (CEO)...
      0 Not allowed!

Re: Re: Re: Spam from a WHT User

Originally posted by Atlonim

Another 16 years old CEO... Hopefully longer lasting than others...
    Yeah. If that happens one more time I hope to see getitconnected.net replaced with *********
      0 Not allowed!

Just wonder, how they can offer 24/7 support if all employees must attend classes... One still in high school, two in college...

As I see they have 3 employees and all in management... Cool
    Half of a day in school, half of a day managing, half of a day cleaning PCs...

Let see...
    6 hours in class
    6 hours management duties
    4 hours on field
    4 hours designing clients web sites
    24 hours support
    2 hours sleep (estimated)
    2 hours other daily activites (wash, eat, doing homework, etc)
    --------------------------
    48 hours total

Guys! You're all great. I wish my day would have 48 hours....
    Last edited by Atlonim; 08-10-2002 at 11:45 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

thats why i dont have "24/7 support" in my site
    www.rackfive.com
      0 Not allowed!

Just wonder, how they can offer 24/7 support if all employees must attend classes... One still in high school, two in college...

As I see they have 3 employees and all in management... Cool
    Half of a day in school, half of a day managing, half of a day cleaning PCs...

Let see...
    6 hours in class
    6 hours management duties
    4 hours on field
    4 hours designing clients web sites
    24 hours support
    2 hours sleep (estimated)
    --------------------------
    48 hours total

Guys! You're all great. I wish my day would have 48 hours....
    As much as i love seeing this about hosting companies [/sarcasm], you're missing a few in there. I'd figure the 6 hours management duties, 4 hours on field (whatever the heck that is supposed to mean), 4 hours webdesign would all be somewhere available for support. Not that 24x7 support cannot be covered by 3 people working/schooling full time, tons of places do it, not everyone has the luxury of having a full 3 shift staff sitting at a desk to answer queries.
      0 Not allowed!

well, we have 36/8/392 support. When customer ask what the hell that suppose to mean we say we had to include the reply time...
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by porcupine

As much as i love seeing this about hosting companies [/sarcasm], you're missing a few in there. I'd figure the 6 hours management duties, 4 hours on field (whatever the heck that is supposed to mean), 4 hours webdesign would all be somewhere available for support. Not that 24x7 support cannot be covered by 3 people working/schooling full time, tons of places do it, not everyone has the luxury of having a full 3 shift staff sitting at a desk to answer queries.
    Nothing is impossible, but you know this would require a lot of self discipline and no free time.

What would you say to your 16 years old son going in class and working on top of that another 8 hours or so?
      0 Not allowed!

Nothing is impossible, but you know this would require a lot of self discipline and no free time.

What would you say to your 16 years old son going in class and working on top of that another 8 hours or so?
    If i had a 16 year old son, that could be very interesting.

There are many WHT users out there that do put 110% into their businesses. I do the brunt of our technical support, probably around 16 hours a day. Does that mean i'm sitting around answering questions 16 hours a day? Not a chance, if people need stuff, i can be contacted, otherwise, i'm doing my own things (developing services, upgrades, software updates, billing, cleaning, cooking [yes], etc.), it's pretty easy to be "available all day" to customers if you have a job that will permit it, and plan it right. Im totally against such spam, and i highly doubt the 16 year olds would be whatsoever reliable in certain circumstances, but it's definatly possible.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by porcupine

If i had a 16 year old son, that could be very interesting.

There are many WHT users out there that do put 110% into their businesses. I do the brunt of our technical support, probably around 16 hours a day. Does that mean i'm sitting around answering questions 16 hours a day? Not a chance, if people need stuff, i can be contacted, otherwise, i'm doing my own things (developing services, upgrades, software updates, billing, cleaning, cooking [yes], etc.), it's pretty easy to be "available all day" to customers if you have a job that will permit it, and plan it right. Im totally against such spam, and i highly doubt the 16 year olds would be whatsoever reliable in certain circumstances, but it's definatly possible.
    That's true, but for how long? People get burned out, people get unavailable (accidents, death in family, etc).

I beleive, so much effort is OK for start-up companies, but running it that way for longer period of time is simply irresponsible toward itself, toward family and especially customers.

But hey, everybody on its own. I did that too for a year and it's a slow suicide...
      0 Not allowed!

The only spam I get from someone related to hosting is from Comodo who sells secure certificates. Because of this, I don't think I'd ever buy one of their SSL certificates. I loathe spammers!
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by chrisb
    The only spam I get from someone related to hosting is from Comodo who sells secure certificates. Because of this, I don't think I'd ever buy one of their SSL certificates. I loathe spammers!
    That, Sir, is the way to defeat spam. Don't buy into it.
      0 Not allowed!

Re: Re: Spam from a WHT User

Originally posted by GIC

Sincerely,
    Jesse Middleton
    what crap. It's always the "other guy", isn't it??
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!
      0 Not allowed!

I think you forgot to mention Spamming as ‘other activities’ or unless they have a dedicated CSO (Chief Spamming Officer)

I have reported the Spam to the moderators.

Everyone who gets caught just blames their business partner (if there is one) if you knew he was sending spam to other WHT users you should have sent another email apologising for his actions.
      0 Not allowed!

It's good this was posted. You can see what other companies do to get customers. If anyone mentions them I will always refer them to this thread. People will only learn when we take action and now getitconnected.net has been noted as a spammer.
    Clustered Hosting With Continuous Data Protection (CDP)
    http://www.solidinternet.com
    8 Years of hosting excellence!
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by phugo
    You can be whatever you wan't remember the simpsons episode "I think I will make myself Junior Vice President"

Clustered Hosting With Continuous Data Protection (CDP)
    http://www.solidinternet.com
    8 Years of hosting excellence!
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Myacen
    It's good this was posted. You can see what other companies do to get customers. If anyone mentions them I will always refer them to this thread. People will only learn when we take action and now getitconnected.net has been noted as a spammer.
    Yes, I imagine that getitconnected.net will soon be **************.net
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Aussie Bob

Yes, I imagine that getitconnected.net will soon be **************.net
    I Hope So!!
      0 Not allowed!

I think you've warned them via this thread. In the future, if anyone gets any unsolicited mail from the forum, simply forward it to us.
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

• Chicken
      0 Not allowed!