* Is it Just me or is Layeredtech dying slowly?

Hello,
    Its been quite some time since i switched away from layeredtech for they increase prices on your existing plans and there is no price lock on plans at all.

And ever since than i have noticed lesser and lesser threads here at WHT, which actually deal with someone recommending LT. Have not seen much interest these days amongst hosting companies to recommend or actually use LT.

Is it just me or do you guys also feel that LT is slowly but surely plunging towards its EOL ?

I hope they don't disappear as they are one of the better hosts when it comes to reliability, pricing and stability.

I used to be a customer for about 1 year and generally had a good experience apart from forgetting to pay a bill then getting I think it was a $25 fine which was partly a reason for me leaving in the end. After that I decided to colo my own box in London.
    ...loading

It's just you.
    My education is finally over at 28... But now I am looking for a full time job and tru lurrv...
    Have you found the WHT rules & guidelines? Took me 4 years!

I actually think of it as a sign of them "growing up." I snagged one of their $50 special servers, and they recently raised it to $58. I wasn't particularly happy, but it's now pretty hard to find servers under $100 with them. I think they're finishing a shift to a higher-paying market.

I've been quite pleased with them, and don't see signs that they're going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by James Lee View Post
    It's just you.
    Oh damn, ok thanks

http://www.alexa.com/data/details/tr...ayeredtech.com

they get less visitor on their website though

I remmeber when I joined a hosting company who was hosted with Layered, and for the first month, the servers were fine, but then gradually dieing his got 5 servers with them, but it's slow to me.

Time will tell, Bunny. Personally, I'm glad I'm outta there.

Life has been a lot better since leaving ... less technical issues, less outages (even with the big GNAX power outage last week, which is saying something), less problems. Oh yeah, and lower bills.

Bailey
    Let's Connect on Twitter! @thatsmsgeek2u || Fighting mediocrity one thread at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by bithost(NET) View Post
    Time will tell, Bunny. Personally, I'm glad I'm outta there.

Life has been a lot better since leaving ... less technical issues, less outages (even with the big GNAX power outage last week, which is saying something), less problems. Oh yeah, and lower bills.

Bailey
    Ditto.

My guess is that they will be bought up by another company within the next couple of years.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

I'm pretty sure your business will die much sooner than LayeredTech, so basically there's nothing to be worried about.

*subscribes to thread.

Quote Originally Posted by AFerrier View Post
    when did webhostingtalk become the entire world of hosting?
    Who said so ?

I think they are dying, check their alexa graphs...
    HighLayer - Canadian Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting & Dedicated Servers
    Latest cPanel/WHM - 99.9% Uptime Guarantee - 30 Day Money Back Guarantee - 24/7 Support
    Visit www.highlayer.com or Call 1-888-84-LAYER

Heh - their abuse support staff are entirely clueless and seem completely uninterested. Spam and DoS floods are permitted from their networks, I guess. hrug:
    ••••••••
    Awknet - DDoS Mitigation, Upstream ACLs/Filtering, Unmanaged Dedicated Servers, BGP IP Transit & More!

Generally I see the same posters in every LT thread. At this point it is just a broken record to me.

EV1 was bought out. That is neither good nor bad in itself.
    Andrι Allen | E: aallen(a)linovus.ca
    Linovus Holdings Inc
    Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers & Public Cloud | USA, Canada & UK - 24x7x365 Support

Quote Originally Posted by Costaud View Post
    I'm pretty sure your business will die much sooner than LayeredTech, so basically there's nothing to be worried about.
    lmao....OUCH

owm
    ‹(•Ώ•
    Life's what you make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolraul View Post
    Generally I see the same posters in every LT thread. At this point it is just a broken record to me.
    Oh well i suppose old and existing customers of LT will post obviously ?

I have been a customer of Layeredtech for a few years after our move from ThePlanet.

We have had issues with bad hardware with LT and we self manage the servers we have had. Knock wood, everything has been steady for a while. We have had longer uninterrupted service with LT then with ThePlanet.

Your guess is incorrect.

LT is still strong and we still have 34+ servers with them with 0 complaints from our clients.

And they (LT) do not just rely on WHT for their customers/business market :-)

Net
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

yupps they've been around a long time and will remain for a long time too I should imagine.

owm
    ‹(•Ώ•
    Life's what you make it.

When did Layered start as a DC?