Has anybody used solidservers.org yet?

Just wondering if anybody has a server setup with them (and how decent it is).

I'm in the process of e-mailing with them for their 59$ special.

Hey Jenga,

I've sent my money for their discounted server deal too. I was in another hosting forum and they are selling at USD49.

It has been 5 days now, and they have not set up the server. I emailed them several times and they said they will get it setup. I just sent another email 3 days ago, and they did not reply to my email.

Today, i found that their website was redirected to Yahoo. What is that?! I check the domain whois, and found that informations are not correct.

There is no email specified in the domain and the addresses are all fake.

yeah, it's most likely a scam. check the thread here: webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=662188

lots of other people have ordered, but haven't gotten anything. Although i don't think anybody has actually payed yet. I just figured the person offering this just couldn't come through....

i've actually paid for it. We are doing planning to put ircd on the server. But after 5 days of payment, nothing come through.

i've looked into his email reply and from the full detailed email, i saw that he was sending his mail in Poland.

Does he even own a server? Solidserver is hosted in speedydns, hostnine. I guess it's a US hosting. He provides server in Germany, and he is from Poland.

Kind of strange. When i use his test ip for pings, it does not work until he showed me another IP for ping and speedtest.

What are you planning to do, Jenga?

i haven't payed any money...and i won't get a server with them until they have a real site and some customers that are happy :/

i'll be checking my paypal so i don't see a bill there

lucky you. i'd advise you and the rest not to get it yet, until REAL information are showed on his domain whois.

furthermore, i think he had another domain, the domain name is also known to be a hosting company, also hosted in speedydns but the web is a blank page.