Thread: Hostgator

Hostgator

I sent an email as they specify in their support section over 4 days ago. Never herd back so 2 days ago I sent a ticket to them and still no reply besides the automated first one!
    hosting is ongoing

did you login to their ticket system to make sure your email is sent to them?

abit off topic, but you've got some nice sites.
    ResellerTemple.Com & CsIdea.US
    Marketing & Design & Programming for Competitive Price!

I don't know about support. But even sale responses are slow.

Thats strange, because I have always heard good about their support. But you need to check the status of the ticket after logging into their helpdesk. Also, are you sure that your ticket was submitted properly? In that case, you might have got an autoresponse from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Costaud View Post
    I don't know about support. But even sale responses are slow.
    May be because of week end? Why can't you try the "livechat" on their site?
    iHubNet Ltd - Premium Hosting Solutions 4 ALL
    Solid Support Solid Equipment Solid Network
    Shared Hosting / Reseller Hosting / Managed Server
    Matt A.

Quote Originally Posted by Right Hosting View Post
    I sent an email as they specify in their support section over 4 days ago. Never herd back so 2 days ago I sent a ticket to them and still no reply besides the automated first one!
    Did you reply back to them in the same ticket? if you did it puts you ticket to the back of the queue.

that's really strange from them

If it's been that long we never got your email. What is your ticket number? If you don't have a ticket number we don't have your email.

Quote Originally Posted by hostgator.com View Post
    If it's been that long we never got your email. What is your ticket number? If you don't have a ticket number we don't have your email.
    Well he mentioned he received an automated response, so the problem isn't on his end.

Lots of bad reviews for Host Gator lately.

I just advised a friend to sign up with Hostgator a few days ago, and he had some issues during the moving of his sites from his old host to them... put in a couple of support requests and got timely, solid help.

Another post where the ticket # is missing ...

Thats very odd...
    I would think that HostGator would be one of the most reliable and best choices to go to for hosting.

Right Hosting we are all waiting on that ticket number. I'm so sure a ticket wouldn't have gone 4 days without a response if I'm wrong I'll send you $100.00.

Handy Man there hasn't been many complaints at all about our service recently. In fact I believe our reputation on wht is the best it's ever been. Please read entire threads and you'll see I'm right.

Quote Originally Posted by Costaud View Post
    Yeah. Their live chat operators doesn't know anything. They just ask you to email [email protected]!
    live chat isn't a right way to get support..live chat is used for quick answer and for general enquiry. Besides most live chat might not have access to ticket support system; besides you might not get the proper answer from live chat as well...that's just what i think tho.
    ResellerTemple.Com & CsIdea.US
    Marketing & Design & Programming for Competitive Price!

Right Hosting we are all waiting on that ticket number. I'm so sure a ticket wouldn't have gone 4 days without a response if I'm wrong I'll send you $100.00.

Handy Man there hasn't been many complaints at all about our service recently. In fact I believe our reputation on wht is the best it's ever been. Please read entire threads and you'll see I'm right.
    Hello, thanks for getting back to me, well yes it has been over 4 days. First as I sent an email as specified in your support section on the 8th with the message title "Why no payment?"

this was the email:

Hello,

I have noticed that this months payment has not been processed. Is there any problem?

(my details here)
    I sent this message as my monthly bill had not been processed because it was strange as my payment is taken out automatically at the start of each month so I wanted to find out why?

So it is not urgent for me but I still wanted to get this info.

I then submitted a ticket and the number is [#ZGQ-804906]: no payment
    hosting is ongoing

Quote Originally Posted by redkid View Post
    did you login to their ticket system to make sure your email is sent to them?

abit off topic, but you've got some nice sites.
    thanks for the comments!

Thats strange, because I have always heard good about their support. But you need to check the status of the ticket after logging into their helpdesk. Also, are you sure that your ticket was submitted properly? In that case, you might have got an autoresponse from them.
    I have not had any problem with their response time in the past either!

May be because of week end? Why can't you try the "livechat" on their site?
    I knew it would need to go to a ticket eventually anyway as I would need to give account details etc...

Well he mentioned he received an automated response, so the problem isn't on his end.
    yes I got the auto response letter after the ticket was submitted
    hosting is ongoing

I then submitted a ticket and the number is [#ZGQ-804906]: no payment
    there we go

Your ticket was answered a few hours after you submitted it. A spam filter on your end most likely caught our response. You can view our reply online at http://support.hostgator.com/

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Mods if you could edit the thread title that would be awesome.

Chances are, if the response was slightly delayed, they were testing out the new HostGator helicopters for staff use. There amazing . Check out their blog
    \\\\ High Performance Business Grade LiteSpeed Hosting
    //// Shared \|/ Reseller \|/ Dedicated \|/ Custom Tailored Solutions \|/ Domains \|/ SSL Certs
    \\\\ get WIRED \|/ general(AT)wiredwebwork.com \|/ 240-670-HOST
    //// True Quality 24/7 support(Chat, Email, Ticket) 9-5 est. phone support

Your ticket was answered a few hours after you submitted it. A spam filter on your end most likely caught our response. You can view our reply online at http://support.hostgator.com/

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Mods if you could edit the thread title that would be awesome.
    Seems strange why it would be classed as spam, i just tried to login to your ticket system and use the login and password I was given when I first signed up with HG and I get the following error:
    Invalid Username or Password, even worse there is no way to request a loss password either
    hosting is ongoing

... even worse there is no way to request a loss password either ...
    LOL !! GO Gators ! No mercy on those 2 neurons password forgetting zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by bobitza View Post
    LOL !! GO Gators ! No mercy on those 2 neurons password forgetting zombies.
    The password is not forgotton, read my post!
    hosting is ongoing

The password is not forgotton, read my post!
    Did you already have an account at the helpdesk? If you didn't, your pass should be in the email (autoresponder)

If you have never logged in before you will need to register first at:

http://support.hostgator.com/index.p...re&_a=register

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Salter View Post
    Did you already have an account at the helpdesk? If you didn't, your pass should be in the email (autoresponder)
    ah I see, yes it was in the email, thanks!

yes I see the ticket, looks like they eventually processed the payment. thanks everyone who helped!
    hosting is ongoing

What about the windows dedicated server in hostgator? any idea about the support and service?