Don't even try Mediaon

Hi

I like to share with you my fresh experiences with mediaon.org

1. They lie with feauture "30 days money back guarantee". If you will ask for money back (because you are not satisfied with trial period), they will told you that they will refund money only when they don't provide presented features (usually when company don't provide presented features, company should refund money at any time).

2. When I ask them for some features what are not specified on web site (shell account, ssl for pop3, sftp or ftps), they answer me that I should choose other company.

I try also ask them why they have moneyback guarantee logo on site if it really doesnt work and also why they dont answer hosting features to potential new customer, but they just close my tickets.

So definitelly very poor support, web hosting features I can't judge because I dont want risk money if they dont have money back guarantee.

If anyone is interested here is full support ticket history

Code:
    me    

Posted On: 12 Jan 2008 01:04 PM 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi

I need know some details about your hosting

1. can I get shell account with hosting?

2. can I get SFTP or FTPS for secure uploading files to your server ?

3. do you have somewhere server load status and uptime statistic?

4. do you provide SSL for POP3 and SMTP servers?

thank you for your time  

MediaOn    

Posted On: 12 Jan 2008 01:10 PM 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dear Sir,

please chosse a other hosting company or buy a package. We give only support to our customers. You can find all details on our website. Thank you.

Best regards

Selin Oeren
    __
    MediaOn karaboga Net Group International 
    MediaOn Electronic Customer Care (MECC) 

karaboga Net Group Int. Head Office USA 
    319 Florin Road 
    Sacramento, CA 95823 - USA 
    Phone: +1 - 916 - 313 - 0702
    Fax: +1 - 916 - 313 - 0701

MediaOn karaboga Net Group .Int Turkey
    Catalca Yolu Menekse Mevkii - Atlas Lojistik Tesislerie
    Istanbul 34537 - Tepecik Bueyuekcekmece - Turkey

Internet: www.MediaOn.org Email: [email protected]  

me    

Posted On: 12 Jan 2008 04:05 PM 

its too hard answer my question of potentional new customer?

my questions are because these details are NOT specified on your page  

me    

Posted On: 12 Jan 2008 04:15 PM 

Im still awaiting your answer.

Looks more like a frustrated or ignorant employee rather than a company issue. Why not someone else give the company a try and see the responses?

One of my friend's had a similar issue with his hosting company. His site had was facing a load issue and when he enquired on why the server was slow, the person involved, asked him to take a vps or a costlier plan to sort it. Once the matter was escalated to the owner it was solved. The tech was either trying his hands in sales or was too clueless on how to solve the problem .
    Last edited by chakky; 01-12-2008 at 11:00 AM. Reason: adding a real life example.
    Lijoe Antony Chakiath
    Bobcares
    Bobcares Blog

To start with, I won't prefer a .org domain name for a business enterprise.

Your experience was really bad. Any way it gave you a good idea about them before you signup. If they handling the presales like this, I wonder how the support will be.
    I made a quick search in the forum, but couldn't find anything regarding them.
    iHubNet Ltd - Premium Hosting Solutions 4 ALL
    Solid Support Solid Equipment Solid Network
    Shared Hosting / Reseller Hosting / Managed Server
    Matt A.

That must be the worst pre-sale story I've seen in a long time. Would be nice to hear from someone else served by them.
    -Mr Bister

Think twice before you do business with Turks
    Closed for winter...

They say they have been in business for more than 8 years.

"Over 32.000 clients in the last 8 years. What can we do for you ?"

I never heard of them, but a .org domain. . .

- Daniel
    Managed & Unmanaged SSD VPS's by tmzVPS.com | FAST PURE SSD & HDD Plans!
    █ Locations in USA & United Kingdom - Legal Adult Content Allowed! 24/7 Certified Support.
    cPanel/WHM Included | Premium Softaculous | Data Migration Included with Managed Support.
    █ INSTANT SETUP | Paypal, Skrill, 2checkout, BitCoin & all Major Credit Cards Accepted! Skype: tmzvps.chat

Thanks for posting this, preventing many people from paying to a unreliable site.
    Thanks for the heads up!

We host Esowatch.com via mediaon. Esowatch exposes Quacks and frauds. I have seen many such projects go down due to legal threats. Esowatch is still there. There are situations where you might want a provider like mediaon for perfectly legitimate reasons. BTW, their support to us was timely and competent.

Thomas Xavier [email protected]

PS: Your remarks about turks in general are stupid and offensive. I have been to turkey a lot, and I always enjoyed my stay. Turks are the best hosts in the world, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Xavier View Post
    We host Esowatch.com via mediaon. Esowatch exposes Quacks and frauds. I have seen many such projects go down due to legal threats. Esowatch is still there. There are situations where you might want a provider like mediaon for perfectly legitimate reasons. BTW, their support to us was timely and competent.

Thomas Xavier [email protected]

PS: Your remarks about turks in general are stupid and offensive. I have been to turkey a lot, and I always enjoyed my stay. Turks are the best hosts in the world, in my opinion.
    That might be, they still are one of the top fraud contries.

Think twice before you do business with Turks
    Xenophobic approach, I had to admit. There are hosts that does their job good and those who does their job bad.
    --
    IMHO Mediaon approach is very unprofessional, they seem to kick potencial customers away. My advice - choose another company, there are hosts worth your money.

That's an amazing response to a pre-sale question. Wow.

The hills are over to the right, start the running
    Personal Blog: Here | Currently Hosted By: GoDaddy | Twitter: @Quartz87

I mean, not even being able to offer help / support to anyone or even answer a simple question like that is really pathetic.

Even though as previously said it could of been just that 1 emplooyee, it shows a lack of training or professionalism.

I think a re-evaluation may be in order for them?
    Garbott Ltd - Professional web development & consultancy services
    Oxford.Hosting - Prestigious shared, cloud, dedicated and gaming hosting solutions.

Talking

Pretty long response. Good catch.

Perhaps, you should consider doing business elsewhere

Thanks for posting that. It was a very interesting read.
    GenerousWebHosting.com Home of Generous George the Red Monster.
    24/7 Live Chat Support - 99.9% Uptime - 30 Day Money Back Policy