Thread: volumedrive vps

volumedrive vps

Hey all was just wondering if anyone know how long it normally takes volume drive to i'm assuming get a vps ready.

I emailed them 2 days ago and got a reply saying he would forward the request because you cannot order the package on-line. And have not been able to get a response sense

On the plus i'm willing to wait a while because of all the good reviews this company has along with how exceptional there support was up until 2 days ago. They dealt with all the questions for about a month while I was shopping around.

Anyone here have anything else they would like to tell me about volumedrive such as pros-cons please feel free.

Thanks All!

Hi, I'm sure the wait till worth it, give Josh some days to set up your vps

Greetings.
    Need Further Assistance ? Here you go !

silentcoast, we will be sending the ordering information now.
    Fast SSD Dedicated Servers || 24/7 365 Support || Money-Back Guarantee
    Dedicated Servers || Colocation || IP Transit
    Need to get in touch? Drop us an email at info[at]quadix.co

Yeah I cant wait, but instead of bothering Josh any more then I had already with all my questions felt that I would post here not to bother him any more haha. As far as the wait goes yeah they are one of the only companys I feel like I can "trust" they have a more "normal" system it seems. (meaning josh seems like he wants to help, and knows what hes doing where as others ive talked to some seem like they dont even know what webhosting is)

Thanks!

Starting to feel iffy on the deal, still havnt got a invoice or anything to verify I'm even getting a VPS(and no for those that will ask cannot order it thru there website)

Josh is extremely busy and keeps saying "next few hours" "tomorrow morning" "tonight" but nothing happens. Which is cool right like I told him.
    **Not complaining cause I totally understand busy times trust me!**

But what happens when something major happens? Be horrible if server was offline lets say due to hardware failure and couldn't get set back up for few days or more.

You guys think I have a legit reason to worry? Let me know your thoughts.

Ill keep updating here on the experience.

We usually take 24-48 hours to set up a VPS (current customer are same day) due to fraud, etc.

Our response time to trouble tickets is completely independent of this.

I wouldn't worry. As long as he is responding to you. If your communication gets black holed, then you have cause to worry.
    DBI Hosting Reliable Web Hosting
    VPS Hosting / cPanel VPS Hosting
    Linux, Windows & BSD
    Backups, Custom Control Panel, 24/7 Support

I'd say VD specializes in dedicated boxes and they come cheap...why not go for a cheap dedi with them? It'll be worth the effort (have 2 boxes with them)

Because I have no need for a dedicated at this point. If everything goes well we will see

Just thought id give another update on progress....

Got the vps account. Still waiting for plesk to come thru. We will see if it happens. Josh(guessing some of it has been Jeff also) has been great with emailing if I email him first.

We got it all set up now! Excellent communications so far and don't see it ending anytime soon.

At end of month ill probably post one last time here along with uptime/downtime images etc for all those looking for that type of stuff.

After my last post I signed up on siteuptime.com to monitor the uptime of the VPS and so far here are the results(sense 3 days ago)

"Since: January 23, 2008
    Outages: 4
    Total Uptime: 97.600%
    Monitor: Every 15 minutes
    Last Check: January 26, 2008 at 10:37 AM PST+2.0"

Last night it was out for almost 3 hours. Which I think is why outages is up to 4. Then right when we got it installed 3 days ago it was out for about 10 - 20 minutes. Hope it don't keep doing that

Here is a direct link to the siteuptime stats - http://www.siteuptime.com/prem_stati...&&UserId=76995

Is the main node down itself, or is it your own VPS that's down? I don't think VD offers managed VPS services.
    Otto Yiu
    Rsync Palace ● Providing offsite backups since 2007.
    Backomatic ● Hassle-free Automated cPanel/WHM, DirectAdmin, FTP, and MySQL backups.

I believe its the main node as I cannot connect via ssh or control panel.
    Last edited by silentcoast; 01-26-2008 at 01:14 PM.

Well, is your VPS overloaded? Maybe that you're crossing the RAM barrier?
    Otto Yiu
    Rsync Palace ● Providing offsite backups since 2007.
    Backomatic ● Hassle-free Automated cPanel/WHM, DirectAdmin, FTP, and MySQL backups.

I have 1 domain on it.Unless they have loads of other customers on it I cant imagine so. I'm suppose to have 512 dedicated but here is what is shows.

271.9 MB of 497.7 MB used; 225.9 MB available

So I mean its constantly between 100 - 250 available. So if I'm hitting limits with 1 domain that don't have a template or anything(so gets virtually no hits I'm sure some bots from google/yahoo) just the default apache page for fedora then theres a bigger problem

slientcoast, we took one of the main node's down last night at about 2 AM EST for an emergency upgrade, it required a ram and hard drive upgrade.

If you are still having trouble with anything, please open a support ticket.
    Fast SSD Dedicated Servers || 24/7 365 Support || Money-Back Guarantee
    Dedicated Servers || Colocation || IP Transit
    Need to get in touch? Drop us an email at info[at]quadix.co