"Offshore" (non-us) webhosting

Hello,

I'm looking for some non-us / eu / canada web hosting and was hoping I could solicit some help from someone here. I'm willing to consider most jurisdictions but most important to me is that I want a company that has been around for a while, tried and tested, and will be around for a while more.

Please do not make this post about your opinions on offshore hosting. This post is not about the ethics, legality, morality, taxation, etc. reasons for hosting. Further, I am not looking for advise on US hosts, we have a number of European and US hosts and do not need more. For this project we need an "offshore" host. Thanks & sorry for the disclaimer.
    Does anyone have any recommendations?

Note: I would really like to avoid new companies, resellers, etc. We're looking for a serious outfit with high quality support.

Thanks,
    Chris

Greetings.

Do you need shared hosting, dedicated servers or offshore vps? Do you want true offshore hosting where the host country also has strong corporate privacy laws and private banking, or do you want to just host outside the USA? Some locations such as the EU, Canada and Asia offer you no protection in terms of privacy or banking. But locations in the caribbean do offer privacy as well as good hosting.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
    Richard.
    Last edited by bear; 01-12-2008 at 09:36 AM.

Contact Asianetcom. Before you go any further, please understand the costs involved. Expect to pay 3-5 times more, depending on the location, than you would in the US or UK.

Regards,

Contact Choon at choon.net. He has vps and dedicated server in Singapore

I have also heard about shinjiru.com frequently in the forums. I think they are somewhere from Malasia or Singapore.
    iHubNet Ltd - Premium Hosting Solutions 4 ALL
    Solid Support Solid Equipment Solid Network
    Shared Hosting / Reseller Hosting / Managed Server
    Matt A.

If you're looking host with high quality support, you can try orynet.com, the bad part is only shared hosting, currently hosting with them. Fast loading webspeed in Singapore as it is a singapore base webhost.

EU => go with a Germany-based company -- I recommend netdirekt.de and hetzner.de (don't judge these firms by the looking of their sites. They are really superb companies). Beware dutch companies.

Asia => surely go with hostforasia.net -- talk with Zheng Sen
    Last edited by dotHostel; 01-12-2008 at 12:49 PM.
    You will only find out how good a provider is when the going gets tough

Quote Originally Posted by dotHostel View Post
    EU => go with a Germany-based company -- I recommend netdirekt.de and hetzner.de (don't judge these firms by the looking of their sites. They are really superb companies). Beware dutch companies.

Asia => surely go with hostforasia.net -- talk with Zheng Sen
    hostforasia.net does not appear to be in asia but on a HE IP. Why are you recommending them?

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by utropicmedia-karl View Post
    hostforasia.net does not appear to be in asia but on a HE IP. Why are you recommending them?

Regards,
    I have a dedicated server rented by hostforasia hosted at the QALA data center, Singapore. Outstanding customer service, server hardware, and network. In fact, I have another server also hosted at QALA. I can compare the two companies customer service, hardware, and networks. This another company is very good but not outstading.

We have over 20 dedicated servers around the world. Unfortunately, not all companies can be recommended and we have several cases of bad experience and losses.

as everyone in this industry.
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 01-12-2008 at 08:37 PM. Reason: merged posts
    You will only find out how good a provider is when the going gets tough

There are a few Australian companies posting offers in the offers section, you could check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by iHubNet-Matt View Post
    I have also heard about shinjiru.com frequently in the forums. I think they are somewhere from Malasia or Singapore.
    +1 for Shinjiru, a friend of me has been using them for the last 2-3+ years. They're using data-centers from several places, including Malaysia.

Although their network doesn't always have top performance (might be related with asian routing, not necessarily their fault), they're quite friendly & cooperative and they keep improving their services all the time (i.e they recently acquired their own IP allocations from APNIC).
    SharkTECH Internet Services
    http://www.sharktech.net
    DDOS Firewalled Dedicated Servers
    Managed Services / IRC Allowed