Why Enom when Godaddy and Namecheap are cheaper?

Most of my domains are with Godaddy and few with Namecheap. I was wondering if I should transfer one of them to Enom and test their services. Are they good in your opinion? I like their Name-my-phone idea but there's not anything more that I know about this service.
    FREE Name-My-Phone

Have friends and customers send you text messages to your mobile device, directly from your web site (such as http://mobile.example.com). Be more accessible.
    Domain rego at Enom costs 3 times more than GoDaddy and NameCheap.
    Just moved to UrlJet's dedicated server. So far so good.

eNom is terrible. They were affiliated with RegisterFly, which was an eNom reseller. They didn't terminate RegisterFly till the last possible second and then made it extremely difficult to recover your RegisterFly-registered domains and transfer them away from eNom.

I wouldn't recommend them to my enemy. Go with GoDaddy.com, DomainDiscover, DomainMonger, or directNIC. I've used them all, except DomainDiscover, with great success.

Cheers,
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by jeffinj View Post
    Domain rego at Enom costs 3 times more than GoDaddy and NameCheap.
    You'll get cheaper by being reseller through their ETPs, just find the right one
    ServMap.com - MapServer GIS hosting
    Shared | Reseller | VPS | Dedicated Hosting by ServWebSolutions

You don't need to be a reseller. Enom sells domain names at competitive prices at http://www.bulkdomains.com

IMO www.enom.com prices are high aiming not compete directly with their resellers -- it is a service site targeted to resellers, not a site planned to sell domain names to end users.
    Last edited by dotHostel; 01-12-2008 at 07:00 AM.
    You will only find out how good a provider is when the going gets tough

I already registered some domains at enom,I trust it because it can easy to change the domains register info!I will try Godaddy and Namecheap!
    Cashadsense.com allows you to buy pre-made AdSense Ready websites for you to upload to your website and use Google AdSense adverts on!

Quote Originally Posted by dotHostel View Post
    You don't need to be a reseller. Enom sells domain names at competitive prices at http://www.bulkdomains.com

IMO www.enom.com prices are high aiming not compete directly with their resellers -- it is a service site targeted to resellers, not a site planned to sell domain names to end users.
    Is bulkdomains.com your domain reg. website? It does not look like a website run by enom.
    Toeki Enterprises Co. (Accredited .WS & CentralNIC Registrar)
    We accept PayPal, MoneyBookers, Credit Card, Bank Transfers and Western Union. [AWBS Reseller]
    █Domain Registration http://www.toeki.net / http://www.dots.ws

Quote Originally Posted by Toeki View Post
    Is bulkdomains.com your domain reg. website? It does not look like a website run by enom.
    No. I have an ENOM reseller account.

I don't know exactly what is the relationship between Bulkdomains and ENOM now. Maybe Bulkdomains is (was) a preferencial reseller. The fact is bulkdomains shares ENOM database data and you can push domain names from/to bulkdomains/ENOM without the domain transfer process. Another hint is bulkdomains' site offers Premium and Reseller accounts but in the login page the reseller login link points to www.enom.com.

http://www.bulkdomains.com/login.htm

This page suggests bulkdomains now is a kind of Enom's demo site

http://www.bulkdomains.com/help_faqs.htm
    Last edited by dotHostel; 01-12-2008 at 12:01 PM.
    You will only find out how good a provider is when the going gets tough

It seems Bulkdomains are indeed an eNom reseller as they are signing up eNom subaccounts:

http://bulkdomains.com/private_label_options.htm

and list them as a "partner"

http://bulkdomains.com/partners.htm

I have had a enom account for years. My price is lower than my Goddady account prices.

Yes, they should have terminated Registefly earlier, but all in all they are better and easier than any other registar I have used, especially if you have hundreds of domains or more.

profezor
    We turn your problems in CASH. www.BuyerOfLastResort.com

for me I'm not comfortable about dealing with Enom with what I hear about them
    But I'm doing great with all my domains with Directi & Dynadot.com

I depends on how you are registering the domain names.

I get my domains from eNom for cheaper than GoDaddy and Namecheap.

And unlike GoDaddy, they respond to my support tickets in a timely manner. Usually within 2-3 hours of submission. And even when I call them they are on the phone almost right away, no long hold times.

Some people say Enom's support became crappy after they bought Bulkdomains.com, but I dont really see it.
    Email: info ///at/// honelive.com

I can not understand some people.
    namecheap is 9.29usd per domain and godaddy is 9.99.I think they are not good price.
    why many people recommend?

I have used enom for a few years now and haven't had any problems with them but recently I have been using Resellerclub/logicboxes and so far its been good..

btw, enom bought Bulkregister.com and not Bulkdomains.com.
    Toeki Enterprises Co. (Accredited .WS & CentralNIC Registrar)
    We accept PayPal, MoneyBookers, Credit Card, Bank Transfers and Western Union. [AWBS Reseller]
    █Domain Registration http://www.toeki.net / http://www.dots.ws

I think another reason is not everyone know namecheap and godaddy.

enom is the best according to my exp. dont move to any from this. And also godaddy is the best registrar they r in the first position for domain . But no need to move from enom bcz registor the site in any place doesn matter. Hosting is importent . u take best host

Quote Originally Posted by dotHostel View Post
    Enom sells domain names at competitive prices at http://www.bulkdomains
    That's not buying them from eNom directly though
    BulkDomains is just another enom Reseller.

Back to the OP's subject - why ?

Because service level is more important than saving a few pennies. Things do go wrong with domains, and I'd rather have paid $1 more for all our client domains and know I can make a phone call or submit a ticket and get whatever issue is with the registry (rather than us as registrar/regitration agent) fixed.

The interface is simple enough, the API works, the pricing is reasonable, the support provided to us as an ETP is good.
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

Many valid points raised here, for me:
    enom are rock solid.

I've used Namecheap for a few years now and haven't had any reason to complain. I suppose some day in the future I'll try enom just to see what you all are talking about.

Godaddy order form is a pain in the ....
    You end up clicking 3-4 forms telling I donīt want to purchase this and that... when you only want to purchase A domain.

What do they look for? That you commit a mistake and purchase something during an error?

BTW, Namecheap is for me the simplest order form...

Quote Originally Posted by othellotech View Post
    Because service level is more important than saving a few pennies. Things do go wrong with domains, and I'd rather have paid $1 more for all our client domains and know I can make a phone call or submit a ticket and get whatever issue is with the registry (rather than us as registrar/regitration agent) fixed.
    Couldn't agree more. The lower prices are enticing when you have a lot of names registered, but the peace of mind and years of never having any serious issues with Enom works for us.
    Having problems, or maybe questions about WHT? Head over to the help desk!

Didnīt I mention that we have never had a problem with Namecheap in the 4 years we are working with them?

food for thought, my company has a enom reseller, an also a directi reseller account, domains are cheaper through directi, but still get good business through the enom domains. As for support, i have to say both are top notch. Actually in most cases directi is faster and more responsive for us. But we do well with both companies none the less.

What I'm actually trying to say is you can have both
    EZHostz.Biz (Established in 2003) a DotJunction.Com Company.
    EZHostz.Biz <-> Reseller Info Domain Name Sales, WebHosting, Email Only Hosting, & Much More.
    Providers of Directi & Enom Reseller Accounts.

Namecheap is very easy to use but Godaddy is a serious irritation. I use both and have no issues whatsoever with Namecheap. Godaddy will frustrate you with simple things like account ownership change or domain transfer. I mean, simple things are made terribly difficult with Godaddy and that makes me believe that they are not straightforward.
    Namecheap responds to emails and support in less than 1 hour(in all my cases) even weekends but try that with Godaddy and you will wait till someone feels its time to indulge you with a response.
    If I could, I would move all my domains immediately to Namecheap but they at Godaddy make it soo difficult.

Please is there any authority or regulatory body that one could report such issues to prevail on such registrars to hasten up domain transfers?
    Last edited by Salvage; 01-26-2008 at 04:51 PM.

I agree, with Salvage...
    I don't why Godaddy is so popular...

Unless you are registering domains by the 100's for yourself for whatever reason why take a chance with the cheap of the cheapest especially with a clients domain.

+ NOW WE'RE MAKING RECORDS, NOW WE'RE MAKING TAPES

eNom purchased BulkRegister and now owns them.

NameCheap used to be an eNom ETP or reseller, now they are their own ICANN approved registry.

RegisterFly's problems were their own, and though eNom should have released them earlier, legal issues confronting them made this difficult (or else they wouldn't have surrendered those old RegFly domains/clients to GoDaddy, who picked them up).

eNom is not really for end-users and meant to be for resellers where prices are far less (ETPs can charge less than $8 if you find the right one).

RegFly issues aside, eNom is actually really good. I would in fact highly recommend them.

I use a good number of registrars (eNom, GoDaddy, NameCheap, etc.) and have only high marks for them (had GoDaddy issues years back but save only their lousy interface, they've cleaned up well and are far better now; testament to theri being no. 1).

Hope that helps.

get http://www.crucialnames.com

there are Enom ETP and their price is 6.99 every year...

I'd personally go for Godaddy as not only are they a reputable well known company I also have used them before

We have been eNom resellers for 5 or 6 years now. Never had a problem with them. We have several thousand reseller sub-accounts "under" us, and none of them have ever had a problem (that we know about).

We get many customers who are leaving from godaddy because of the crappy service, non-stop sales emails, and crazy TOS. We also get a lot of resellers who come from other registrars, because they are very happy with the service/support and API provided by eNom.

I'm not sure what is your problem with the registerfly issue, but I personally think that eNom did the right thing. They waited until the last minute to give their reseller a chance to survive. We don't know all the details, since much of it was kept private.

Consider this: If you signup with eNom as a reseller, then you have a contract with them. Ths contract goes both ways. eNom is not allowed to simply terminate the contract because they feel like it. As long as bills are being paid and there is no technical reason to terminate the contract, then they are bound to it.

Yes, I agree registerfly was (is?) an unethical company that was (is?) knowingly defrauding their customers. However, that has NOTHING to do with eNom. eNom is not allowed to terminate a legal contract just because they "think" their customer is doing something dishonest. If they had, then eNom would be dragged off to court and held accountable to the contracts that they sign, regardless of how stupid we all agree it was to keep registerfly going.

Think about it from a legal perspective, and not just a "common sense" point of view. It's unfortunate, but I don't blame eNom. They were in a bad situation, and I know (from fact, as I am friends with an insider of the company) they did everything they could "by the book" to get registerfly as far away from them as possible.
    Want to sell domain names? Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account from a trusted eNom ETP provider.
    * We provide support and service to over 3245 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!