Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1

    * Server for video site

    Hi..
    I am in the need of a new host for my video site. Currently im hosted on a shared server, but i need some more bandwith and space. Im looking for a server/host with can handle my clip-share software and a bandwith of 2000 gb. I only need aprox 80 gb harddrive.

    Can anyone recommend a good host, i have never used a server before.

    Best regards
    Keizer

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    1,166
    What is your budget and what operating system, modules, etc does your clip-share software require?

  3. #3
    There all kinds of offers here in WHT, go to: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36
    As far as what to recommend, more information would be needed, but what you are asking about can be accommodated. If you are flexible with your DC location, this will widen your options on services and prices.
    Good luck with your search.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    314
    Quote Originally Posted by Keizer View Post
    Hi..
    I am in the need of a new host for my video site. Currently im hosted on a shared server, but i need some more bandwith and space. Im looking for a server/host with can handle my clip-share software and a bandwith of 2000 gb. I only need aprox 80 gb harddrive.

    Can anyone recommend a good host, i have never used a server before.

    Best regards
    Keizer
    I would recommend an unmanaged dedicated server (you'll find quite a few), and getting 3rd party management service from someone like Platinum Server Management, or there are also others out there.

    Good luck!
    Intellitech I.T. Solutions Ltd.
    Intellitech Hosting - Dedicated Servers in Atlanta, Tampa, Dallas, Washington, Seattle (USA), London (UK) & EU
    Server Load Balancing, Hardware Firewalls, MPLS Connectivity

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    426
    You should be able to find something economical in that range, bandwidth would be important of course. Probably won't need very much processor, but get at least SATA II drives or even SCSI if you will have a lot of users.

    Some dedicated server providers offer server management with their servers if needed.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Chicago, IL USA
    Posts
    2,781
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimension4 View Post
    ...Probably won't need very much processor, but get at least SATA II drives or even SCSI if you will have a lot of users....
    ClipShare makes use of multiple media encoders, he's going to have to worry about CPU power.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    289
    If you find a good price at one company, most companies will try their best to beat that price. You'd be surprised how much some will lower to get your business.
    Luke Whiteman
    PureUnmetered.com - Competitive DE Unmetered Bandwidth Servers
    Coming Soon!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    328
    Quote Originally Posted by w00ts!te View Post
    If you find a good price at one company, most companies will try their best to beat that price. You'd be surprised how much some will lower to get your business.

    Agree on that, this is very competitive industry
    <<please see forum rules for signature formatting guidelines>>

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    314
    Quote Originally Posted by w00ts!te View Post
    If you find a good price at one company, most companies will try their best to beat that price. You'd be surprised how much some will lower to get your business.
    Don't forget the "Golden" rule - "You get what you pay for!"
    Intellitech I.T. Solutions Ltd.
    Intellitech Hosting - Dedicated Servers in Atlanta, Tampa, Dallas, Washington, Seattle (USA), London (UK) & EU
    Server Load Balancing, Hardware Firewalls, MPLS Connectivity

  10. #10
    I think the op would be safe negotiating for a lower price as long as he stuck to reputable hosts. I do not think a host would neglect a customer because they are paying less than others. "You get what you pay for" definitely applies to some hosts and can usually be used in conjunction with "If it's too good to be true, it probably is".

  11. #11
    so what are some of the major reputable hosts?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •