Spammer Robert Soloway has more felony charges against him

Anyone who's ever received one of his junk mails will be thrilled to hear this.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22605012

A Seattle man dubbed the "Spam King" for allegedly using stolen e-mail addresses and "zombie" computers to send massive amounts of spam was arraigned Thursday on four more criminal charges. The new charges -- aggravated identity theft, mail fraud and two counts of willful failure to file income tax -- boost the number of federal charges Robert Soloway faces to 40.
    The bad news? He is still free on bond.
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.

Well at least someones doing something about spam....i think i get like 5 per hour on a good day...fortunately i have a filter and they go straight to the TRASH!
    but still i hate having a filter because i don't know if it actually sent "Good" mail to the trash also..hasn't happened yet but we will see..
    Who is this infamous HTML i keep hearing of, is she cute?

He'll never see prison. The Pentagon will hire him to flood enemy networks with spam...

Old thread, new update: He'll be facing 9-26 years in prison. http://www.komonews.com/news/24546654.html
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike V View Post
    Old thread, new update: He'll be facing 9-26 years in prison. http://www.komonews.com/news/24546654.html
    Fantastic news....!!
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!

About time we put one more spammer into prison.

Quote Originally Posted by indiaberry View Post
    About time we put one more spammer into prison.
    Yep great news. But guaranteed there will be someoone who'll take his place
    Hosting Community Talk - A new community orientated Webhosting discussion, guides, and industry news forum. Why not JOIN TODAY!
    My North Wales - A Community/Tourism discussion forum for residents and visitors to North Wales, United Kingdom.

cool.

i wrote about that guy a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Webdude View Post
    He'll never see prison. The Pentagon will hire him to flood enemy networks with spam...

Thats a good one..

He'll spend time in a minimum security prison then be out in no time to continue spamming, or once he is out he'll write a book and start some sort of consultation firm.

-fin
    Thales

Only four years in prison, and the restitution he has to repay does not nearly cover the profits he made doing it. http://www.komonews.com/news/25774004.html.

He is mostly likely to be used by the government and will get out in time. Doubt it to be early to avoid press and release him under the slips. Happens to the best criminals :|