Looking for a mail only solution

Hi,

We are looking for a mail only solution to host email services for 7 of our clients.

Our clients can send up to 15.000 mails an hour. Busy companies and some of them run mailing list through SMTP.

We can limit each client to 2500 to 3000 mails hour, but if for some reason all of them start sending we want the system to be able to cope with the load.

They all have hosting accounts with us, but we want to put the mail services outside our shared hosting boxes.

Anyone have any suggestions for what kind of system+software can handle this? also any provider out there that offers this kind of service?

<<snipped>>

Thank you for any help/answers.

Cheers
    Last edited by Chris_M; 01-11-2008 at 03:05 PM. Reason: removed request

Santo, are these subscribed users your clients are sending mail to?

Sending those number of emails at one time to random people could result in blacklisted IPs. Furthermore your server provider will either null route the IPs or disconnect the server at their discretion.
    ServerTag Technologies - Everything you need for hosting activity
    A Canadian company providing top notch site hosting, servers and colocation services

Santo,
    Are you going to manage the server or do you want the host to manage?
    This kind of mass mailing will definitely run up red flags. If you have subscribed receivers to the e-mails, you should be able to find a host that can assist you, but I suspect most would be hesitant in this case...
    I wish you luck in your search.

People,

Those are companies internal mails or mails within the same country (clients). Those are mails coming into smtp from several different companies. Its not one company mass mailing.

We are only the solution provider. We really don't know the contents of the emails being sent, and to date we had no complaints to answer where we have our servers rented (EU - 6 months).

I understand the "red flags" but, a solution should exist for clients that need it.
    If you know a company that can provide this type of solution, please be so kind as to point me into the right direction...

As a side note, we prefer EU/European solutions, but are open to other locations like the states.

@Sago-Sean: We want the server/solution managed by a 3rd party. If not the server provider, then we will contract a company like TouchSupport or similar to do the job.

Thank you all.

Cheers,

If you've never experienced any problems in the past, then you shouldn't have any problems in the future at all.

Having the server managed by a 3rd party is the best route.

One of the respected server providers would be Steadfast or even iWeb and Ubhosting if you'll settle for Canadian servers. Contact the sales of either companies and see what kind of solution they can accommodate you. Good luck!
    ServerTag Technologies - Everything you need for hosting activity
    A Canadian company providing top notch site hosting, servers and colocation services

Quote Originally Posted by Sago-Sean View Post
    This kind of mass mailing will definitely run up red flags. If you have subscribed receivers to the e-mails, you should be able to find a host that can assist you, but I suspect most would be hesitant in this case...
    If we receive this type of request, that's sure we will ask a lot of questions to the customer to verify what type of mailling it is.

I will suggest you to contact your favorite hosting company or do a little search in WHT to verify who is hot now and request a quote
    Sylvain Delisle
    Community Manager
    iWeb.com