10 days, our site is down.. and no comment from the hosting company

it is now 10 days, maybe more... the site is down, tens of emails have been sent to the hosting company (www . reliablesite . net) and no even appologizing letter, no comment, no response...
    I posted alot of tickets on there support ticketing system, and recieved the confirmations that they got it.

but untill now we only recieved a single msg at the begining of the problem saying that they are migrating to a new server...

my site address is www . zajel . org, and I sent them an email to tell them that i am sharing my problem with the comunity of webhostingtalk, I hope they are going to respond.

I read good reviews about them, and so i am amazed why this is happening with us.
    we ordered a reseller account and we only hosting this site in our account...
      0 Not allowed!

Ten days wow. Its been down since new years.... Do they have a phone contact ?

BTW. Read their forums they are moving data centers.

http://forum.reliablesite.net/index.php?topic=79.0
    Last edited by saint71; 01-11-2008 at 01:09 AM.
    Prorant.com - Web Hosting Directory & Honest Reviews
    Vanguard-Hosting.com - 24x7 Toll Free Support Cpanel Hosting
      0 Not allowed!

You are still using the old name servers; you need to update. From saint71's link:
    You will be required to change your name servers]:
    DNS4.RELIABLESITE.NET
    DNS5.RELIABLESITE.NET
    DNS6.RELIABLESITE.NET
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.
      0 Not allowed!

from their forum

You will be required to change your name servers]:
    DNS4.RELIABLESITE.NET
    DNS5.RELIABLESITE.NET
    DNS6.RELIABLESITE.NET
    http://whois.domaintools.com/zajel.org

Name ServerNS1.RELIABLESITE.NET
    Name ServerNS2.RELIABLESITE.NET
    Name ServerNS3.RELIABLESITE.NET
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jedito View Post
    from their forum

http://whois.domaintools.com/zajel.org

Name ServerNS1.RELIABLESITE.NET
    Name ServerNS2.RELIABLESITE.NET
    Name ServerNS3.RELIABLESITE.NET
    Yes, they probably won't offer you credit for this either as it was your fault that your website was down because you didn't read their updates. Its unfortunate to see that this happened, but in the future you should check your companies forums for updates in nameservers or any likewise events.
    Looking for Work level 1-3 Support Tech, Sales/billing tech, Odd management Jobs, and PHP/Mysql small jobs.
    PM me or drop me an email at mm(AT)gotannex(dot)com
    http://monitor.gotannex.com/
      0 Not allowed!

but but

but they have to inform us in email before and after about the new settings... at least after all our inquiries, it is enough to send only the link of there support...

they killed us the last days...

thanks guys for your efforts, i will update the name servers of the domain and update u when it is back...

really i was amazed, why it took that time from them untill now without responding.. that what made me angry...otherwise, there service is good...
      0 Not allowed!

It's to bad they can't have the generosity to warn their members when they do such a change....
    www.DMEHosting.com - DME Hosting LLC | Servers, KVM/OpenVZ VPS's, Email Hosting, Web Hosting
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy059 View Post
    It's to bad they can't have the generosity to warn their members when they do such a change....
    You caught them. It's part of a master plan to go out of business by secretly taking all their customer sites down and hoping they'll go elsewhere. Or...

samisadder: Is it possible that your contact information with ReliableSite is out of date? I cannot explain why they did not respond to your tickets, but they're active here and I'm curious to read their side of events.
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.
      0 Not allowed!

Or might their responses have been filtered by spam filters? -- such as if you use Yahoo, Hotmail or AOL as your contact address. Those email providers are notorious for losing & misfiling legitimate emails.

Bailey
    Let's Connect on Twitter! @thatsmsgeek2u || Fighting mediocrity one thread at a time.
      0 Not allowed!

Hello,

Let me shed some light on the issue since the customer didn't seem to post enough, or any details on the subject.

1. Their client site got hacked by SQL Injection. It is not our responsibility to maintain client site's security and quality of coding.
    2. The customer had their client contact us directly in regards to this. We do not support customer's clients but we still spent the time to talk to his client to see what we can do.
    3. We offered the client a backup free of charge. Our policy is that backups are made for our own purposes and are not guaranteed. Out of pure friendly gesture and professionalism the backup was e-mailed to the client twice.
    4. Both the client and customer have 4 open tickets in regards to this issue and continue to send e-mails which has caused mass confusion between support techs.

I will be glad to provide any and all history of the above for any moderators since we keep a thorough record of all tickets and e-mails that come in and out.

Thank you.
      0 Not allowed!

So are you saying that you (the host) suspended the account, or took it offline?

Bailey
    Let's Connect on Twitter! @thatsmsgeek2u || Fighting mediocrity one thread at a time.
      0 Not allowed!

Looks like the host has legitimate causes and labeled it under abuse.
    My education is finally over at 28... But now I am looking for a full time job and tru lurrv...
    Have you found the WHT rules & guidelines? Took me 4 years!
      0 Not allowed!

Hope this issue gets resolved for the customer as it does seem like the fault isn't at the part of the host but just a case of bad communication
    █• CirtexHosting Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    █• LINUX based cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Fantastico
    █• HostV VPS Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    █• We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...
      0 Not allowed!

Not asking what it's "labeled under," trying to figure out what is the actual status of the site, as we speak.

Suspended? Migrated? Terminated? Server A or Server B? Accessible? Figment of somebody's imagination???

I mean, the information we've been given by the host does not exactly match up with the DNS resolution issue we were originally discussing. Is it that the site was whacked and not brought up on the new server, or ???

The host isn't really communicating effectively here.

Bailey
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by bithost(NET) View Post
    Not asking what it's "labeled under," trying to figure out what is the actual status of the site, as we speak.

Suspended? Migrated? Terminated? Server A or Server B? Accessible? Figment of somebody's imagination???
    The site has been fully migrated and active. We have also provided the customer's client with backups free of charge to help them revert to their data before their site was hacked.
      0 Not allowed!

Hello everybody,
    let me explain some points;
    1. I am not fighting the hosting company, i menssioned that there service is good...but but, we are unable to contact them...
    2. the hacking was truely happened, and through SQL Injection, which means that the hacking dont affect the working of the site it self...
    3. in hacking case, FTP do not be affected. and site do not stop at all... we know the defference between hacking and (not working name servers).
    4. it is right that we sent alot of tickets, which is normal reaction when a hosting company is not responding or at least passing the support link to us in order to update the name servers from our side..once i got the information from the guys here, i loged into my domain settings and updated the settings and site is working now.
    5. we dont have any kind of server abuse. we are caring of security problem and our programmers are trying to find solution for this problem.
    6. I repeat again, the problem was only comminucation with company support, otherwise i loved there service and i read good reviews about them before. and because of this i was amazed why the did not even tell us what to do...
    7. for backup issue, yes, thank u for this help, we appreciate it,and it is good to help us with this issue, as we have a reseller account with full options and we only hosting this single site on it... . we may ask u again kindly to restore a backup from our side, as the current and ur current backup now is the hacked one, else if u have a November 2007 backup... thanks in advance...

finally, the site is working fine now, thanks to all and for those who replied in less than 15 min... and helped me to solve my problem... it is really great forum.. i loved it and i am telling my friends about it...
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by samisadder View Post
    i menssioned that there service is good...but but, we are unable to contact them...

finally, the site is working fine now, thanks to all and for those who replied in less than 15 min... and helped me to solve my problem... it is really great forum.. i loved it and i am telling my friends about it...
    The nameserver change was e-mailed to you and there was lots of talk in regards to it on our forum. Also, I'm looking through all the tickets, the only ones I see are in regards to your site being hacked -- nothing with it not working.

Glad that everything is resolved.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by samisadder View Post
    Good to hear
    If you don’t like the road you’re walking on, start paving a new one.
      0 Not allowed!