hosted by liquidweb


Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : SEO / SEM Discussions : How can you make your site more known?
Reply

Forum Jump

How can you make your site more known?

Reply Post New Thread In SEO / SEM  Discussions Subscription
 
Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-10-2008, 04:47 PM
Host Ghost Host Ghost is offline
Junior Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 241

How can you make your site more known?


What can I do to make my site well known?

Does it all have to do with google and the other search engines?

Or are there other things to consider?

What if you want to be known by a specific audience, let's say: actors? Which way would you go then?

Could you recommend techniques, or a book I could buy to bone up on this important subject matter?

Thanks!



Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 01-10-2008, 04:53 PM
dawhb dawhb is offline
Web Hosting Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: New York
Posts: 1,156
I would try to introduce it to target audience and to bring some bloggers on my side. It is a good idea to define the best marketing channels in your business and to work with them. That means advertising, publishing news and etc.

__________________
DawHB.com - Web Hosting Blog | VPSHostDir.com - VPS Hosting Media

  #3  
Old 01-10-2008, 05:18 PM
TmzHosting TmzHosting is offline
Managed VPS Experts
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 3,658
You could try google adwords. It is going to cost you money, but it works.

- Daniel

__________________
Managed & Unmanaged VPS's [OpenVZ & KVM] by tmzVPS.com | Lowest Priced SSD Accelerated VPS Plans in the Industry!
█ Locations in the US (California, Florida) and UK (London, Maidstone). Weekly OFFSITE Backups INCLUDED with all of our plans. 99.9% Network Uptime!
cPanel/WHM | Premium Network | Premium Softaculous and more INCLUDED!
█ DATA Migrations Included | 24/7 Certified Support |INSTANT SETUP | Gigabit Connections


Sponsored Links
  #4  
Old 01-10-2008, 05:26 PM
bobitza bobitza is offline
WHT Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 169
If you don't want to deal with "Google and the other search engines" ... try "brick and mortar" advertising: flyers, business cards, tv ads, radio ads, etc.

  #5  
Old 01-10-2008, 05:29 PM
Atarim Atarim is offline
Web Hosting Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,250
I think you mentioned the key in your post, OP. You can't get the whole world to know about you - but you can get specific groups of people to know about you. Focus on those.

__________________
Need money? Got money? Want to talk? The Money Forums
New! Web hosting jobs!

  #6  
Old 01-10-2008, 09:00 PM
webnetwork webnetwork is offline
Junior Guru Wannabe
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Uk
Posts: 87
try to bring good content on the site and also a good seo .... this is my advice to you, but depends what kind of web site do u have. so what kind of web site do u have? is a large one or just a small one? what is your business type?

__________________
I wouldn't recommend sex- drinks- or Mac for everyone but they work for me.
Programming Help, OS System Help, Articles, Videos, Tutorials, Books-Web Dot Dev http://www.webdotdev.com

  #7  
Old 01-11-2008, 01:00 AM
Host Ghost Host Ghost is offline
Junior Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawhb View Post
I would try to introduce it to target audience and to bring some bloggers on my side. It is a good idea to define the best marketing channels in your business and to work with them. That means advertising, publishing news and etc.
To bring bloggers to my site?

You mean starting a blog, and let people leave comments ?

  #8  
Old 01-11-2008, 01:02 AM
Host Ghost Host Ghost is offline
Junior Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by TmzHosting View Post
You could try google adwords. It is going to cost you money, but it works.

- Daniel
So you pay per hit, don't you?

Do you have any idea how much it is?

Or do you also have to pay a set-up fee?

  #9  
Old 01-11-2008, 01:05 AM
Host Ghost Host Ghost is offline
Junior Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hosting Team View Post
I think you mentioned the key in your post, OP. You can't get the whole world to know about you - but you can get specific groups of people to know about you. Focus on those.
That's exactly what I am planning.

So, the results so far of this thread are:

1. google ad words

2. Bring bloggers to your site ( I hope dawhb will enlarge on that)

  #10  
Old 01-11-2008, 01:51 AM
arbet arbet is offline
Web Hosting Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lebanon
Posts: 452
I believe he meant to bring bloggers to your "side", that is to build relationships with a few bloggers and let them write about your site , services or any special offers you may running.

  #11  
Old 01-11-2008, 04:49 AM
Host Ghost Host Ghost is offline
Junior Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbet View Post
I believe he meant to bring bloggers to your "side", that is to build relationships with a few bloggers and let them write about your site , services or any special offers you may running.
Sounds like advertising in disguise against hard dollars.

  #12  
Old 01-11-2008, 05:05 AM
redkid redkid is offline
WHT Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 154
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Host Ghost View Post
What can I do to make my site well known?

Does it all have to do with google and the other search engines?

Or are there other things to consider?

What if you want to be known by a specific audience, let's say: actors? Which way would you go then?

Could you recommend techniques, or a book I could buy to bone up on this important subject matter?

Thanks!
first, there is no magical ways to turn your site popular in a short amount of time.
it needs a lot of constant efforts from your part to self promote your site, constantly.

there are few 'must' to do to get your site more known:

1. choose keywords wisely. If you are selling toys, then maybe choose only 'relevant' keywords that match keywords and content from your site(or google would punish that if there is no relevant content you are promoting)

I would do a search on google to see how competitive as my keywords is bringing up for my site and determine the right method to achieve that.

2. update your site content regularly.
3. build more static links(html) rather than dynamic link (search engines recognize only static links)
4. build more inbound link(that contains keywords) , such as one-way article submission (from higher PR site is better, but more expensive.)
5. Get connected with relevant sites, such as submitting link in relevant directory, link from toy's relevant site(retailer, wholesaler, manufacturer, community..etc)

these methods are just roughly methods to promote your site for you. Those are not enough if you don't also promote your site in forums, or relevant site, or try to interact with them.

Hope this little information works for you. good luck~

__________________
ResellerTemple.Com & CsIdea.US
Marketing & Design & Programming for Competitive Price!



Last edited by redkid; 01-11-2008 at 05:10 AM.
  #13  
Old 01-11-2008, 06:21 AM
dawhb dawhb is offline
Web Hosting Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: New York
Posts: 1,156
I mean that you can start working with some bloggers and to ask them to pay attention on your company. this includes to discuss and feature your products and services, or to have discussion with them on some important issues from your industry.

__________________
DawHB.com - Web Hosting Blog | VPSHostDir.com - VPS Hosting Media

  #14  
Old 01-11-2008, 02:33 PM
Host Ghost Host Ghost is offline
Junior Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by redkid View Post
first, there is no magical ways to turn your site popular in a short amount of time.
it needs a lot of constant efforts from your part to self promote your site, constantly.

there are few 'must' to do to get your site more known:

1. choose keywords wisely. If you are selling toys, then maybe choose only 'relevant' keywords that match keywords and content from your site(or google would punish that if there is no relevant content you are promoting)

I would do a search on google to see how competitive as my keywords is bringing up for my site and determine the right method to achieve that.

2. update your site content regularly.
3. build more static links(html) rather than dynamic link (search engines recognize only static links)
4. build more inbound link(that contains keywords) , such as one-way article submission (from higher PR site is better, but more expensive.)
5. Get connected with relevant sites, such as submitting link in relevant directory, link from toy's relevant site(retailer, wholesaler, manufacturer, community..etc)

these methods are just roughly methods to promote your site for you. Those are not enough if you don't also promote your site in forums, or relevant site, or try to interact with them.

Hope this little information works for you. good luck~
Thank you.

As it is my first website, I'm not familiar with a lot of basics.

1. Keywords: you can feed a search engine keywords about your site? How do you do that?

2. What is a static link? And what is a dynamic link? An inbound link?

3. So, linking your site to other sites pushes up your ranking?

  #15  
Old 01-11-2008, 02:35 PM
Host Ghost Host Ghost is offline
Junior Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawhb View Post
I mean that you can start working with some bloggers and to ask them to pay attention on your company. this includes to discuss and feature your products and services, or to have discussion with them on some important issues from your industry.
How do you find bloggers relevant to your field of work?

Would you just use google? I haven't paid much attention to bloggers so far, and might need to change that.

Reply

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
WPTouch WordPress Plugin Vulnerability Allows Non-Admins to Take Over Website Web Hosting News 2014-07-14 16:17:19
Swarmify's New Approach to Content Delivery Uses Site Visitors to Accelerate Content Web Hosting News 2014-05-01 08:34:03
DiscountASP.NET Adds Scheduled Deployment to PaaS Snapp Systems Web Hosting News 2013-10-28 16:32:09
Liquid Web Updates Mobile Management Interface with Bill Payment Feature Web Hosting News 2013-05-23 14:56:25
NetDNA Gives Site Managers Granular Control over Content with New EdgeRules Service Web Hosting News 2013-01-22 13:35:47


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Postbit Selector

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump
Login:
Log in with your username and password
Username:
Password:



Forgot Password?
Advertisement:
Web Hosting News:



 

X

Welcome to WebHostingTalk.com

Create your username to jump into the discussion!

WebHostingTalk.com is the largest, most influentual web hosting community on the Internet. Join us by filling in the form below.


(4 digit year)

Already a member?