Thread: Cpanel ads?

Cpanel ads?

Do any of you use the "news" part of cPanel for advertising products/services to your clients?

I'm just curious how many people use this effective method (when there's no news to share that is).

Dave
    To Higher Profits,
    Dave Ryan, Consultant

Not really. I don't like it and i don't think my clients will like it. So no.

- Daniel
    Managed & Unmanaged SSD VPS's by tmzVPS.com | FAST PURE SSD & HDD Plans!
    █ Locations in USA & United Kingdom - Legal Adult Content Allowed! 24/7 Certified Support.
    cPanel/WHM Included | Premium Softaculous | Data Migration Included with Managed Support.
    █ INSTANT SETUP | Paypal, Skrill, 2checkout, BitCoin & all Major Credit Cards Accepted! Skype: tmzvps.chat

We too don't use that feature.
    iHubNet Ltd - Premium Hosting Solutions 4 ALL
    Solid Support Solid Equipment Solid Network
    Shared Hosting / Reseller Hosting / Managed Server
    Matt A.

Cool. I ran several tests with some clients of mine, some of the hosts managed to increase their profit per client by well over 300% by doing it (one boosted profits by 463%!). Others it did absolutely nothing for them...

Just curious how many others have done any testing with it.
    To Higher Profits,
    Dave Ryan, Consultant

Psst, optimizing sales while not turning your backend into a billboard works too. Profits are important, clients are even more important though.

If your control panel induces seizures because of the banners in it, it's time to just go back to sending spam, bottomfeeders.
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

HostGator started doing this in the past (I believe they still are).

If I remember correctly, the response to the ads were quite negative. I can't recall if it was the actual clients complaining...or the normal host bashing that goes on around here. Anyhow, I'll try to find the thread.

Personal Opinion:
    I see enough ads already. If I had the choice between a host with ads, and a host without ads, I would choose no ads. Of course there are alot of other factors to consider when choosing a host... so that wouldn't be the deciding factor.
    Need a new Web Host?
    Become a Host Refugee and receive TRUE 24/7 Support

cPanel + Fantastico, PHP4 or PHP5
    HostRefugee.com - See our current promotions

I don't either.