Windows panel suggestions...

Anyone going to be using cpanel for windows?
    We are all ready to launch, but are considering using a windows panel and offering windows services or just waiting till after launch down the road when cpanel for windows becomes more suitable.

Any input on this..
    www.boxedhost.com
    COMING SOON!
    A Resellers Dream, In a Box

Windows 2008 will be available to the public only on Mar 08, not sure about Cpanel for Windows, but for Internet 2 months is a long wait. Besides a new controlpanel sure needs a lot of debugging, the initial users are normally the ones who suffer most.

Cpanel is admittedly great when it comes to Linux but Windows is a different thing altogether. For me I would rather stick to Hosting Controller or for others Helm rather than place my bet on a new panel. I wouldn't touch it until it is at least 3 to 6 months old with all the bugs cleared.

Plesk windows is a stable solution. I would go for it. Cpanel Windows panel will be a good one because its from the same makers "Cpanel" but wait till people test it properly.
    Blessen Cherian
    Follow me on twitter.com/blessenonly
    Two decade in Web Hosting Industry

Im trying to stay away from swsoft panels if possible so pleks wouldnt be an option.
    www.boxedhost.com
    COMING SOON!

Helm 3 is decent, but Webhost Automation isn't doing much with it anymore. Helm 4 is great...if you can get it to work. It really depends on what kind of services you're offering.

Quote Originally Posted by cgrgeoff View Post
    Helm 3 is decent, but Webhost Automation isn't doing much with it anymore. Helm 4 is great...if you can get it to work. It really depends on what kind of services you're offering.
    It's owned by SWsoft now. The OP wants a non-SWsoft CP.
    Andrew Cranson, Director of Operations
    Layershift Fully Managed Cloud Hosting :: WizzVPS Cheap Unmanaged VPS
    Jelastic :: Next generation PaaS :: Cloud Hosting
    True 24x7 Technical Support - peace of mind around the clock! UK, USA, Singapore server locations.

I would recommend going for Windows specific control panel like HELM or Dotnetpanel.
    ██ SoftSys Hosting ██ - 14 Years In Business - 24/7 In-House Support - Enterprise Class Replicated Cloud Servers For HA

Cloud Hosting With Anti-Malware, IDS/IPS, WAF & Litespeed - Windows 2019 Shared Hosting w/ Plesk

Quote Originally Posted by sure123 View Post
    I would recommend going for Windows specific control panel like HELM or Dotnetpanel.
    Any specific reason? From my understanding and Windows experience, there's no reason to discount dual-platform (linux+windows) control panels in favour of Windows-only CP's.
    Andrew Cranson, Director of Operations
    Layershift Fully Managed Cloud Hosting :: WizzVPS Cheap Unmanaged VPS
    Jelastic :: Next generation PaaS :: Cloud Hosting
    True 24x7 Technical Support - peace of mind around the clock! UK, USA, Singapore server locations.

Quote Originally Posted by Layershift Andrew View Post
    Any specific reason? From my understanding and Windows experience, there's no reason to discount dual-platform (linux+windows) control panels in favour of Windows-only CP's.
    Based on my experience, I have always found that control panels that are developed in Windows specific technologies (like ASP, ASP.NET) have out-performed the control panels developed in other technologies (like PHP). This might be because the windows specific technologies have better and more efficient methods available for interaction with windows environment like IIS, etc. Again, this is my personal view and based on my experience in working with Plesk, Helm & DotNetPanel.

Cheers,
    ██ SoftSys Hosting ██ - 14 Years In Business - 24/7 In-House Support - Enterprise Class Replicated Cloud Servers For HA

Cloud Hosting With Anti-Malware, IDS/IPS, WAF & Litespeed - Windows 2019 Shared Hosting w/ Plesk

DotNetPanel has my vote. Stable and well supported. They have a 10 Website free version, throw it on a dev server and give it a whirl.

And it works with Windows 2008 Server

Quote Originally Posted by boonchuan View Post
    Windows 2008 will be available to the public only on Mar 08, not sure about Cpanel for Windows, but for Internet 2 months is a long wait. Besides a new controlpanel sure needs a lot of debugging, the initial users are normally the ones who suffer most.

Cpanel is admittedly great when it comes to Linux but Windows is a different thing altogether. For me I would rather stick to Hosting Controller or for others Helm rather than place my bet on a new panel. I wouldn't touch it until it is at least 3 to 6 months old with all the bugs cleared.
    The RC1 Version of Windows Server 2008 is allready released to public for testing, And is considered Stable by Microsoft, and cPanel Software Suite (Windows) Was available for beta testers a few weeks ago. cPanel are still giving keys for requests. This would be a good way to test it.
    SeaSideINTL Management (Dustin Tait)
    (306)862-9739 Click To Enter
    Dedi/Colo/VPS/E-Radio/E-TV/Designs +

I found more Control panels which do support Windows platform:
    InsPanel, HostingAccelerator, Cwipanel, Webhost Panel, Hosting Controller and other...Full list with URLs can be found here.
    web-hosting-top.com/web-hosting/directory.control-panels
    Unfortunately, I did not use it but now you have more options to choose depending on what you need.

another vore for dotnetpanel,it is fee to try

I know many may not agree, but i dont want to support swsoft in any manner. This includes purchasing panels from them. I dont feel like its in my best intrest to support a company that potentially could monopolize the very software that i require to sell to my end customers.

This would not be so bad if they had a better reputation on support. Same reason why i look for alternatives to microsoft products are wal-mart. I guess its weird, but thats me. Weird
    www.boxedhost.com
    COMING SOON!