Question Questions about webhosting

I`m very new here and have some stupid questions:
    Why mut I have a own domainame to be able by a webplace?
    I have been seaching on the net for a long time for some cheap host, I donīt need mucht space but donīt like pop-ups and banners on my site.
    I have a domain from namezero but dont like to use it (i have space for that site allready). I donīt care what kind of URL I get.
    Please can someone help me.

/ Kaa from Sweden

Hi Kaa,

If you don't want to purchase a domain name for your new site, I suggest you find a web host that offers subdomains. Usually subdomains are free, and you'll get a URL that looks something like this:

If you go to the Web Hosting Requests Forum, you can ask for a host that offers a free subdomain and whatever your other needs are, and you will get plenty of offers to choose from.

try they offer free hosting with no ads and they support asp and the such..the only downfall is they don't support FTP for their free have to use a webbased uploader.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    I'd also agree with the brinkster idea since you can get something like website name here), they give you ASP support and it is ad-free. I'm not crazy on the web-based upload or that they calculate monthly bandwidth usage daily but other than that they're pretty stable.
    Is Canada the best? Noo Doot Aboot It!
    "And on the WHY WAS HE HAVING SUCH A BAD DAY?" -- Mick Foley

Melbourne Downunder
    it would be more easy Kaa to buy a domain name cheaply
    .. they can be bought for about $10 - $15 (US dollars) a year .. and perhaps stay away from brinkster

I have seen sites on brinkster, let me rephrase that .. I have not seen sites on brinkster that have exceeded their bw usage