[Volunteer] web hosting support / linux admin

To learn and play with Linux is my wish/fascination for which I have studied and practiced a lot a home
    but still I think that *practical experience* is no match for anything.

I have completed Linux LPI Level 1 certification and can do detailed administration work on Linux boxes via command line or GUI .

I am aware of all the ins and outs involved in the hosting/webmastering world ( although I have not posted much on WHT but have been a member here since 05)

I also have worked with CMS like Mambo, Vbulletin, phpBB and WP and using any new CMS isnít any problem for me. I have good knowledge of cpanel/plesk/ensim and have used them to manage various websites.

If you have a established or known name than just to get a real world thought and add something to my resume, I will also be willing to work voluntarily
    Please post here or pm me for contact

Thanks

lfc2,

Don't volunteer, this is a pay2play industry. You should always be open to working for payment, even if it's not much. Don't work free -- your time is more valuable than that.
    David
    Web hosting by Fused ó For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

training / work experience program

lfc2,

We have a training / work experience program, its aimed at students, but is useful to anyone who wants to gain real world experience, and just needs a start. We hire some folks from the program, others we try to get jobs for them at other companies.

Its not a work for free program, you get experience, access to gear that no sane ISP would let inexperienced admins near and best of all, you learn to do Linux stuff the right way (no point and click stuff, no yum install or apt-get nonsense that any monkey can do).

Its on par with a Google or Cisco internship. All the work that we have folks do benefits open source projects directly.

If you are interested drop me a PM or email me at buswellj [at] gmail [dot] com

Thanks

This offer is again available

How many hours are you willing to work and what the time frames?