Thread: JaguarPC review

JaguarPC review

Now that I am with JaguarPC for almost 1.5 years, I feel it's good to post a review of them.

The overall impression is highly positive. The pre-sales questions were answered quickly. The sign-up process was quick, straightforward and I had my resources available very quickly.

The servers speed/load is most often satisfactory. Downtimes (see also below) are rare and all the services failures are solved more or less quickly.

The Support has helped me immensely with transfer a number of sites from another hosting provider. I must say I haven't seen a Support person at JaguarPC that would be rude, incompetent or otherwise unprofessional. There were cases when the support was not so professional as I expected it to be, but all the issues that could be solved, were solved. Almost always - to my full satisfaction.

The recent downfall of their Demetrius server has given me many unpleasant moments. However, after looking for decent alternative to JaguarPC, I should admit there are hardly many other hosting providers with that level of support and hosting quality.

The resume: I must admit that despite the fact certain recovery procedures at JaguarPC can still be greatly improved, I recommend their services to those looking for professionally run shared/reseller hosting.

I have a reseller acct. at them since July, 2006 and have no intention to leave them in the foreseeable future. However, I do look for backup reseller acct. Just in case.

I can provide (to moderator?) URL(s) of sites I host at JaguarPC if necessary.

Thank you for the review and for taking time to share your experience. It might help somebody reach a conclusion sometime.

Thanks for sharing this with us.
    ResellerTemple.Com & CsIdea.US
    Marketing & Design & Programming for Competitive Price!

You can use this link to privately report the websites to the moderators here: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/report.php?p=4894097
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.

masterbo,

Nice review, it sums up the pro's and con's i personally have experienced with JPC in the past. Guess disaster recovery is and will be a major issue, but many other providers will face the same issues when hardware fails. You can protect yourself to a certain extend but murphies law is always around.
    cPanel Servers in Europe: Strasbourg (FR), Haarlem & Amsterdam (NL) & Kent (UK), USA (Los Angeles, St.Louis), Asia (Singapore) | Follow us at Twitter: @040hosting
    Shared | Reseller | (managed) Dedicated Hosting | Domain Registrar | SSL Registrar | Cloudlinux Partner| 040Hosting (Registered company #17093425 KVK Eindhoven, The Netherlands)

All companies will struggle restoring huge arrays. It is the nature of the business no? They take time.

I am totally satisfied with JaguarPC as my hosting provider. I simply have not seen a better value for the dollar anywhere in the world. I have checked dozens of main line VPS suppliers and JaguarPC continuously beats all deals. The recent solarVPS clearance deal here on WHM was a great deal and the only thing I have seen in three years that is close to JPC's deals.

MasterBo,

Great review! it is always so refreshing to hear something good in a review. So often, all we get to read is the bad. Sounds like a good company. Thank you for sharing and be sure to let us know who you choose for a backup (if indeed you do).
    ||| Mike Bowers - Marketing Director
    ||| atOmicVPS LTD
    ||| OnApp Powered Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting ► [Shared] ► [Reseller] ► [VPS]
    ||| Follow the atOmicVPS Blog

Thank you for the update. It looks like the length of the good experience ended up weighing more than the one issue that led to (quite understandable after all) dissatisfaction.

HN-Mike I will definitely post my choice of 'backup' reseller. I will use the usual procedure - find a hoster, stay with them for several months, to learn enough to make up my mind.

ldcdc I have had good impression about many hosting providers, both those I am a customer of and those I left already.

If it helps, I will post all the reviews, one by one, starting with those whose servcies I either am using or used recently.

I saw that my recent postings were mostly negative and thought it is time to post the overall impression, to sum things up.