Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

hostmania/transoptics

Hi,

Let me first start off by saying this is in no way an attempt to bash, or make transoptics / hostmania look bad.

I think their offers are great, and i have heard good things about them.

Anyway, the reason why i decided to start this thread was

1. i was looking at http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...6&pagenumber=4

and that thread, is like on the 3RD page of the Dedicated server specials... so not many people look there anymore

so i figured id start a thread here (This one) to get more attention / answers quicker than waiting for someone to go to http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...6&pagenumber=4 IF they even go

Anyway. I was wondering..

Did anyone buy those p4 servers that they were offering for $139?

I just want to know if anyone got theirs yet. If you got it, could you tell me what your experience has been like so far.

Also another reason why i started this thread was because I saw this thread that was started by eservers http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...threadid=64947

they are also offering the same server, and from what i know, they are reselling space ?? in the hostmania dc??

Or something like that. Its kind of blurry right now, i'm not sure who actually providers the servers..

Anyway, the point is, i am buying it from eservers. they offered it. eservers has REALLY good support, they are really nice guys, and they respond fast.

i bought the p4 1.6ghz from eservers on 8/5/2002 - they said within 5 business days it will be up

So no big deal, i can wait.

the guys from ear host tell me they bought a server from chavvon (one cogent, one internap) from this thread http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...6&pagenumber=4

they said they were suppose to get it yesterday (yesterday as in 8/9/2002) but they never got it.

now seeing as they never got their server on time, and seeing as how my server will be in the same dc, it kind of scares me.

I'm not saying they are going to delay on mine, or that they are bad, I just wanna see what's goin on thats all.

So, simple... Did anyone get their hostmania server yet?

Not yet, but 5 business days from sunday means 1 week (2 days off).

Most of people here trust eservers and It isn't without reason

Just wait a few days

Mac

Don't know if it helps you but I got a Cogent server and although it was delayed a lot (some weeks) I did get it and Chavvon has been very quick to reply and in general very friendly.

* Hostmania.not?

Hostmania.net seems to have vanished! Did someone forget to renew their registration or has something bad happened? I tried to email Chavvon and it bounced back at at least the speed of light, maybe even faster.

Done. Whois indicates the domain has expired. Dunno what's up with that. My domain is good up to 2007

Domain Name: hostmania.net

Record created on 2000-08-03 21:27:13.187
    Record expires on 2002-08-04 00:32:41.000

Oops!

I also order a server from them on 07/19 but i still not get the server.
    http://www.ebookeasy.com Free ebook for webhosting and dedicated server review

You can also read the info I posted in the end of the two threads (transoptic original offer and eservers.biz offer).

Peter

ouch! and i thought i was bad off ordering a machine on july 31'st and not receiving anything yet.

I want to say that I have spoke to Chavvon a few times on the phone as well as on AIM about there service and it is rather impressive. Chavvon is a very friendly and kind person as he is also a good person to talk to when you want to chat he is friendly. You don't find that in many people at all.

I agree. These people at TransOptics are a pleasure to deal with.
    I admit that it can take a while for your server to be set up, but when you get it, it's more than worth it !

Regards,

Carl

i fully agree ... chavvon is a nice guy to speak to, and i've heard great things about hostmania ... i just wish they'd let us know when massive delays like this are encountered.

All clients who signed up with us, have been sent an email earlier today with the reason for the delays.

Once again we apologise for the delays.

-Shazad
    Coreix™ | your solution™ www.coreix.net - 08000226734 - ISO27001 Certified
    Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Secure Cages - Enterprise & Managed Solutions - Clustering - LoadBalancing - High Availability - Hosted Exchange 2007
    NEW Tier III London DC with power sourced from 100% renewable sources, N+N UPS, N+1 Chillers and CRAC units, Mist Fire Suppression, Biometric and Man Trap security to all data areas

Hmm..

Well he / they may be really friendly and all, but to me what it all boils down to is actually getting your server on time or atleast a day or two after your promised date..?

Originally posted by maxbear
    I also order a server from them on 07/19 but i still not get the server.
    Ouch...

I hope this doesn't happen to me

I didn't order from hostmania or anything
    just from eservers

they did send an email

so I hope my server is online on tuesday

same here, I have my fingers crossed

This is the second time I am buying a server from someone other than RackShack. The first time was from lightOne (oh yeah! remember that name?) and that was one big nightmare, I am hoping this doesnt turn into one.
    eSupport - Feature Packed & Robust Support System (Supports email+web based interface)
    LiveResponse - The Ultimate Live Support Package (Unmatched features & Speed)
    http://www.kayako.com

I have servers with Chavvon Hostmania and found there setup and support to be excellent.

I did wait quite a few days for them but its worth the wait cos there systems are fast and Chavvon is always willing to take time out to help you.

Regards,

Brian

Originally posted by Deahost
    I have servers with Chavvon Hostmania and found there setup and support to be excellent.

I did wait quite a few days for them but its worth the wait cos there systems are fast and Chavvon is always willing to take time out to help you.

Regards,

Brian
    Nice. What kind of servers do you have? What are the specs? How much are they a month?

Are any of them the p4's for $139/mo ?

Let us know

thanks

Just wanted to let everyone know that we just recieved our internap server. Expecting our cogent tommorow.

happy you

Originally posted by fractiousws
    Just wanted to let everyone know that we just recieved our internap server. Expecting our cogent tommorow.
    AWESOME. This is certainly a positive sign. This makes me worry less, now that i can see that there are people that are actually getting it now...

I still feel bad for maxbear though

If anyone wants to ping my internap server for speed PM me Blazing!!

hey fractiousws what machine did you order and what date did you place the order?

from what i know he got the p4 1.6ghz for the internap one

BTW, i just ordered another server from eservers.biz (the p4)
    Hope everything goes swell

Originally posted by Faggle
    hey fractiousws what machine did you order and what date did you place the order?
    4th of August. We got the P4, 1GB ram deal. 1 internap and 1 cogent. Cogent is being hooked up tommorow. One of our clients even got an average of 35MS doing a ping. Very nice speeds, worth the wait.

what the @#%$@#*)(%!@# i ordered mine on 7/31, there telling me it would be @#$*(! ready tuesday

tuesday as in... this tuesday? or ?

8/14 tuesday

Originally posted by Faggle
    what the @#%$@#*)(%!@# i ordered mine on 7/31, there telling me it would be @#$*(! ready tuesday
    Call them like crazy. Gets results

unfortunately calling a 1-866 # from canada is not an option.

Originally posted by lotuslnd
    unfortunately calling a 1-866 # from canada is not an option.
    I knew it wasn't just me, lol. Kept ringing before I could get the last 2 digits in. Call this number....

Transoptics - 972.625.6784

anyone get their server today? any idea if any will be released today? i'm really starting to get sick of waiting.

nope no server yet
    eSupport - Feature Packed & Robust Support System (Supports email+web based interface)

Here is the latest update from Chavvon -

He said they are now building servers outside of their provisioning system (presumably down because of the domain issue). He also said he is contacting everyone individually. The ETA is tomorrow.

Peter

still waiting for my update from chavvon.

Is this ETA(Tomorrow) for hostmania servers only or it is valid for eservers too.

Mac

I think its valid for eservers too, I hope so. Because I ordered mine from eservers.

I am a direct client of hostmania, so all I could say is this is for me.

I surely hope we (direct client) at least get priority over eservers.biz.

Peter

nope
    It is for eservers too

eservers told me the other day that the ETA is tuesday as in aug 13th

so looks like both eservers orders and hostmania orders will be coming up on tuesday
    so at the same time

I ordered one last sunday 8/4 and still
    waiting. Didn't get an update today either.
    Sure hope it's soon.

Tim
    Tim S

Originally posted by Tim S
    I ordered one last sunday 8/4 and still
    waiting. Didn't get an update today either.
    Sure hope it's soon.

Tim
    ordered from eservers, or hostmania

oh well either way

TOMORROW! woohoo

eservers said ETA = Tues!

so i am crossing my fingers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast