Transfering emails to new host???

Hello all,

I have registered a domain name and also received 5 email accounts. My question is, if I sign up for a hosting service (I'm ready to get my website now), can I take my emails with me? And how do I do that???

Thanks.

Hi,

Are you using cpanel? If yes, don't worry because everything will be transfered.

If you want, you can download your messages with an email client.

Hope this helps.

All the best,
    Waveweb Technologies
    http://www.waveweb.com
    Customer Service Guarantee

When you will buy the hosting space you will log in to the panel of the company you bought the domain from and change the nameservers to point to your hosting provider's server. Then all the dns zone will point there where the e-mails will go too.

Anyone have a good method for bringing in from a non-cPanel former host to a cPanel host? I recently had a design client who was hosted at Yahoo and would be happy to move to us for hosting, too, but he was concerned that he might miss an important mail during the propagation time.
    Need money? Got money? Want to talk? The Money Forums
    New! Web hosting jobs!

You wont lose emails, what can happen is before propagation the emails are going to yahoo, while propagation is being done you can get on yahoo and on the new server, after propagation you will receive all emails at the new server.

So the only issue here is while the propagation is taking place you might get emails on both servers, but you can always check the emails on the old server using the ip address.
    Waveweb Technologies
    http://www.waveweb.com
    Customer Service Guarantee